1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Kodak Technical Pan

Discussion in 'Film Forum' started by mhcfires, Sep 8, 2008.

1. mhcfires

mhcfires

Aug 23, 2007
    El Cajon, CA
  2. Mike 120 is 56 X 56 mm so 70mm is too wide!

3. IIRC the last two rolls of 70mm this guy sold went for around $100. These are 20 foot rolls as well, that was easy to miss. Also, it's perforated which reduces its utility as a 116/616 substitute (though doesn't eliminate it). It is very attractive to anyone with a 70mm Hassy back AND a 70mm developing reel.

4. mhcfires

mhcfires

Aug 23, 2007
    El Cajon, CA
    Hmmm… basic math. I really don't want to have to slit the stuff, just cut to length. :frown: Still sounds like a good deal, just want to use as 120 and I'm not willing to pay the going price for the 120 tech pan I've seen on ebay of late.

5. I saw an interesting film cutting arrangement a few weeks ago while surfing. IIRC the guy was making 828 film for a Kodak Bantam Special. He took an old Kodak folder that used 120 film, mounted a razor tip or two...can't remember now if he cut the film in one pass or two... and just ran the film onto the takeup spool. Perfect cut every time. Of course the risk of scratching the film increases every time it moves, but with care I'd bet this method would be very effective. Of course to do this with 70mm to 120, you'd need an old 116 or 616 camera, but it's not like they are hard to find.

6. I've purchased tech pan film from that guy before.. he is really great to deal with. You might try sending him an email to see if he has any 120's at all. It won't be cheap, though.

I'm thinking of ordering some 35mm from him for my birthday!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.