Kodak Technical Pan

beautiful shots, Tim
i'm amazed at the shadow detail you coaxed out of the cliff dwellings
that's a challenge with tech pan

i used to shoot commercial with it, and loved it! is it still available? when i first started with it, around '81 i think, you had to order (can't remember the chem name) from a scientific supply company, and blend with HC-110; technidol came out later to making it a lot more convenient to get a reasonably pictorial dynamic range from a film with such a hi-contrast, uniform emulsion

yeah man, bracket around 'ASA' 25, and you got gorgeous grain free huge enlargements from small negatives, and they really popped

that and a box of #3 agfa portriga and i'd be set
thanks for the nostalgia

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
It's available at a steep price on eBay.
The developer I've used most with it is a Rollie product made specifically for Rollie's version ATP (advanced Technical Pan)...IIRC it's Rollie High Contrast. I've still got some Technidol, but saving it for special products. I used to play around with it a lot and hope I can still remember or have written down the delutions and times I used a few years ago.

Rollie ATP is a very good close proximity, but man does it take some experimenting to get the contrast under control...sounds like you know from experience the issues with Tech Pan. But man, what a film when you got it right.:smile:
I've got a gold toned version of the White House (ala Edward Curtis) in my dining room. One of my favorite trips.

Amazing shots Tim. I have about 20 rolls of this stuff I was given . Have you tried the TD3 developer with it? If so please pm me if you dont mind ,I have a few questions
Ty

Amazing shots Tim. I have about 20 rolls of this stuff I was given . Have you tried the TD3 developer with it? If so please pm me if you dont mind ,I have a few questions
Ty
Sorry, I've never tried TD3. I've read many good things about it, but no experience myself.

Tim,
Black and white photography is wonderful. I only wish black and white slide film was still readily available and could be processed locally.
Your work is very nice.
I especially like your second shot which is reminiscent of Ansel Adams work.

Thanks Chris! We're up in Bridgeport this morning, heading to Bodie for the afternoon. No Tech Pan with me today, but quite a bit of Agfa APX 25 and 100 amongst other things. We'll be working our way down to Ancient Brisclecone by Sunday. Hope to shoot 10 or 15 rolls of MF. Been a long time!:biggrin:

Real Name
Chris
Thanks Chris! We're up in Bridgeport this morning, heading to Bodie for the afternoon. No Tech Pan with me today, but quite a bit of Agfa APX 25 and 100 amongst other things. We'll be working our way down to Ancient Brisclecone by Sunday. Hope to shoot 10 or 15 rolls of MF. Been a long time!:biggrin:
That is some seriously remote travels Tim. California is as big as it pretends to be! Got any pix yet?

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom