'Kodak To Increase Film Price By 15%'

Hmm. well, I'm not familiar enough with films to know how they were priced vs. other film makers, but I will continue to always look for the best deals I can find. I haven't "settled into a favorite" film yet, either...

Well, I've seen some really nice results from Portra (waiting on my own rolls to come back from the lab), and recently some Ektar... Kodak does put out some nice stuff... perhaps it will still be well worth the increase...

Portra & Ektar are both very nice - but can be a bit $$ depending on how often you shoot. :biggrin: Thus I use Gold & Ultramaxx for most stuff & I save the Portra & Ektar for special shoots :smile:

Ahhh, gotcha. Well, I don't shoot it much, yet... :tongue: I have seen your threads with the Gold and liked what I saw. I don't remember seeing any results from the Ultramax...

LoL I hear ya'!
Believe it or not...I like the grain of Gold & Ultramaxx....

Might have to try more Fuji at the rate things are going with Kodak....:redface:

Haha! I have found that grain is a very important aspect of film... in quite the opposite way as with digital! :biggrin: I agree with the Fuji. I usually wait until something is recommended here before trying it, as I have little to no experience...

Real Name
Chris
This news is in line with my expectations. While it would be nice to have cheap Trix and Portra, it's still better to have expensive(r) Trix and Portra than no Trix nor Portra. Remember the Kodak statement upon filing bankruptcy: '[Kodak] would continue selling film as long as it was profitable.' Well, it 15% keeps it profitable, then that is the price we are to pay. At today's prices, Kodak +15% is about the same as Ilford, and still less than Efke.

For most uses I am now switching to Lucky (from China) and Fuji.
I have built asufficient stock of Kodak Ultramax, Gold, ColourPlus, Professional (this is a special heat resistant Gold formulation for Asia/Pac) Extar and Portra.
I had noticed that Kodak prices have gone up here in the UK for no real reason.
I really like the colours coming out of the Lucky film.

This news is in line with my expectations. While it would be nice to have cheap Trix and Portra, it's still better to have expensive(r) Trix and Portra than no Trix nor Portra. Remember the Kodak statement upon filing bankruptcy: '[Kodak] would continue selling film as long as it was profitable.' Well, it 15% keeps it profitable, then that is the price we are to pay. At today's prices, Kodak +15% is about the same as Ilford, and still less than Efke.

The price of silver (and Kodak uses it by the ton) has jumped so that all the film makers have had to raise their prices. I use Tri-X and Portra, and some Ektar. I also like Ilford's Delta 100 and Efke's 25. If I want to stay in the game I will have to pay the price. :smile:

True, true....

Real Name
Andy
The price of silver (and Kodak uses it by the ton) has jumped so that all the film makers have had to raise their prices. I use Tri-X and Portra, and some Ektar. I also like Ilford's Delta 100 and Efke's 25. If I want to stay in the game I will have to pay the price. :smile:

Does this mean that we could soon expect to see lower lab processing prices as labs scramble to filter out all of the silver from their old developer solutions and sell it on the commodities market :biggrin:?

Wishful thinking :rolleyes: ....

Latest threads

Top Bottom