Konaseema - Coconut countryside

Konaseema is a delta located in the East Godavari district of Andhra Pradesh, India. This delta is surrounded on all sides by waters (of River Godavari and the Bay of Bengal). Konaseema is famous for its scenic greenery.It is one of most fertile lands. The entire region is rich in Coconut trees, Mango groves, Cashew and paddy fields.Its magnificent landscape, artistic temples, lavish greenery, lustrous coconut grooves and fields takes ones breath away.

These are pictures shot with a simple p&s Nikon Coolpix S8200, during my visit to this magnificient countryside alongwith my son, a post doctoral scholar at Harvard University, when he came on a vacation, to show him the beauty our countryside.

Coconut grove

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Coconuts, banana and rice

Man, machine, earth, and birds

View attachment 1190663

Lush green rice fields lined with coconut trees

View attachment 1190664

Tiled house amidst coconut grove

Simple people and simple living

View attachment 1190674

And finally the mighty River Godavari, the lifeline of the entire Konaseema

View attachment 1190675

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
... a Coolpix 8200? It proves that it is much important the guy behind the camera than the gear itself! Well done!
Yes Rui, I am also surprised at the ability of the p&s to deliver nice pictures. I was on a whilwind tour taking my son to the interior countryside with the purpose of swowing how beautiful the hinterland would be in comparision to the cities in which he grew up, I travelled very light and did not carry the D300. I also wanted to test if the p&s would be able to capture pictures with sharpness and the desired color rendition. I was not disappointed with the outcome

Beautiful surroundings. I don't think I've seen pictures of coconut trees massed together as in these pictures...very interesting visual effect. I love the processing of the images. I would not have guess they were taken with a P&S.

Beautiful surroundings. I don't think I've seen pictures of coconut trees massed together as in these pictures...very interesting visual effect. I love the processing of the images. I would not have guess they were taken with a P&S.
Thanks for looking and liking the pictures

As in most of the places in India, the land holdings are small due to division and distribution of the property in the families over a period of time. The demarcation of the land is therefore necessary. However, in Konaseema the peculiarity is that the coconuts trees are planted on the bunds demarking the land, as farmers believe that the coconut trees give addtional income regularly from the crop of coconuts. One such demarcation is in the picture below

Excellent photography! What a wonderful look at your country. Really like the third shot.

Samuel
Thanks Samuel for looking. In the third picture, peculiarly the cranes surrounded the tractor unmindful of the noise and disturbance caused by the tractor

Its always amazing to me, that you can travel the world from a chair behind a computer.
A wonderful experience to see and read first hand from your country, excelent series and thank you for sharing and explaining.
Nico

Very nice set CC. I especially like the color in 5 and 6.
Its always amazing to me, that you can travel the world from a chair behind a computer.
A wonderful experience to see and read first hand from your country, excelent series and thank you for sharing and explaining.
Nico
I fully agree with you. The countryside is always beautiful in any country, peaceful and serene. It is provides excellent opportunity for photography

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom