Kudos Nikon Service

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by PhilY, Apr 20, 2005.

1. It is refreshing in this day and time to deal with a company that seems interested in providing good customer service.

Copy of an email I sent to Nikon Service.

(quote)
    My D70 failed several weeks ago with the "ERR" problem and I sent it in for repair -- service order 420****. I received the cam back after a couple of weeks and the problem reappeared after only a few days so returned the cam on 12April05 for a re-repair -- service order 421****, explaining I needed the cam back before 22April05 if at all possible due to a scheduled week-long photo trip.

I called early this AM requesting status and your rep advised he would check. Your rep called me back around noon stating Service would try to ship by tomorrow. Your rep JUST called again with a tracking number saying my cam would be shipped today. Fantastic!! Kudos, Nikon Service!

I'm quite sure you know the way to build a loyal customer base is to provide a quality product and excellent customer service when there is a problem. In my case, Nikon Service has gone above and beyond the call. I would like to offer my congratulations to Nikon service for the level of customer care and my sincere thanks for the handling of my individual case. I wish I knew the email address of "the boss" so I could tell him/her of my positive experience.

In short, THANK YOU NIKON SERVICE!!

Regards,
    (/quote)

Still, I cancelled my trip two days ago because I had an opportunity to save most of a cancellation fee and I had NO confidence I would get my cam back on time. I shot myself in the foot. It happens. ((sigh))

Phil

2. Oh ye of little faith. Sorry you cancelled your trip but at least you will get your camera back. Hope all is well this time.

3. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Hummm Good for you..

But watch large rebates.. They say they did not recieve the 150 dollar rebate papers on my 80-400 VR..

Be sure to send registered.

I am gald upur camera is on the way.

They were great with my Nikon CP5000 repair.

I am working on it..

4. So true, Gordon -- you nailed it. Their est ship date of the first repair was right on the money and the est ship date the second go 'round was Fri -- the day I was to leave. I had an opportunity to save $400 on a cancellation fee so jumped on it afraid my cam would not arrive in time. I'm just trying my best to not think about all those wildflowers blooming in the Smoky Mtns right now. :)

I also hope it is fixed *right* this time. Thanks!

Phil

5. Thanks, Gale. It's been kinda like somebody stole my dog or somethin'. :)

I'm glad I don't have any rebates in right now. I've noticed they are dragging their feet a bit. All the rebates I applied for in the past came within the alloted 6-week period. Hopefully you will get yours soon.

Phil

6. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Phil,

I've had pretty fair service from Nikon (when I sent the D2H in to get the metering fixed), but I too got screwed out of my $150 rebate (for the 70-200VR). They claimed that I didn't send in the right copy of my receipt or something. Problem was, I couldn't resend it because I did send in the correct copy, and I didn't have it any more.

Also sent in the proof of purchase mark from the original package, and a copy of my receipt from Roberts. So sad, too bad, no rebate. My wife was understandably pi$$ed. :?

Frank

7. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Flew,

I mentioned this to the post office yesterday and they gave me a form to fill out and return. Might help if enough folks would do the same.

Stop by post office and give it a try.

I think it is a scam. Nikon doesn't need this kink of publicity to.

Good luck.