Kudos to Nikon!

Discussion in 'Nikon DX DSLR' started by Jim Strathearn, Dec 20, 2005.

1. I purchased my first D70 the first day it was available in the States. Three weeks after the warranty expired I got the BGLOD. I returned it to Nikon and they repaired it under warranty. A month ago, or about 6 months out of warranty, I got the "ERR" error. They repaired that under warranty. Less then a month after that repair it I got the "ERR" error again. Nikon is now replacing the camera.

Its unfortunate when expensive equipment breaks. But when the manufacturer stands behind it 110%, it's great.

Thank you Nikon!

Oh - if there are no D70's available I get a D70s! :biggrin:

2. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Jim,
    I am sure glad to hear that.
    Good for Nikon.

A new camera. Cool

3. heiko

heiko

May 15, 2005
    Israel
    Jim, that's great service you got from Nikon. Did you deal with your local dealer, or directly with a Nikon service center? I hope sincerely that I get the same or even anything similar to that here in Israel.

Looks like I'll be needing it - I seem to have some backfocusing problems, but I still need to do the test chart to determine.

4. Great news (well aside from having the problem to begin with) buddy! It is good that you share this info too.
    now tell me this is the "excuse" for not having your camera at the dam this morning??????

5. I was thrilled to hear that Gale. I'm hoping for a D70s so I can get my shutter cable release back... :wink:

6. Heiko; I dealt directly with Nikon Service in Melville, NY. All I did was send it back (three times) and this last time they immediately decided to replace it. I guess they want to cut their losses. Good luck w/ yours!

7. Go ahead and rub it in Dave! :rolleyes: I've been chomping at the bit to get back down to the dam and decided at the last minute on my way home this morning to take a run down there. I hear lots of conflicting information about the eagles there and I just wanted to see for myself what the situation is. The situation is good! :biggrin: (Note to self: "Self! that's why you have a backup camera! Bring it next time!!!":rolleyes: )

8. DanWhite

DanWhite

Jul 10, 2005
    Lansdale PA
    Ok Jim What dam we are talking about here?

Dan

9. Conowingo Dam. It's where US-1 crosses the Susquehanna River in MD. That's the last dam before the river hits the Chesapeake Bay.