Kung-fu lamb

Discussion in 'Other Animals' started by Desmond, Aug 5, 2007.

1. Today I tested the 70-200 on the month-old lambs on the farm in New Zealand . They are very frisky and run around in packs excercising but one in particular thought he was "Jackie-lamb "

Some were not interested though ...

2. That looks funny, Desmond. Thanks for sharing.
  3. Steve S

Steve S

Feb 1, 2005
    SE Florida
    Cool shots! Put real meaning to putting a little spring in your step!
  4. Precious! I just love baby lambs! Great shots too!
  5. I do too, gotta be served pink though with a little mint sauce :wink:
  6. Kim

Jun 16, 2005
    I couldn't imagine what you meant by "kung-fu lamb". Now I know! Great shots. Made me smile. Thanks for sharing.
  7. I share a "lifestyle block ' [ mini farm ] with my landlord . In New Zealand they breed the lambs to be born in winter [July/August ] . I'm not sure why , but on the south Island they are born in the snow which doesn't sound very nice . The pictures were taken with the 70-200 on the D80 because I wanted to test the focusing . I had to send the pair of to Nikon because I noticed that it seemed to focus behind the subject . It turned out to be a sensor calibration fault but now seems to be ok .
  8. cotdt

Jul 14, 2007
    Bay Area, USA
    that's hilarious. reminds me of the time when a jack rabbit jumped up to my face and gave a big kick. ouch!
  9. Yvette

Jan 3, 2007
    That is too cute Desmond. Nice to see some of your shots again.
  10. I've been pretty pre-occupied for posting pictures for a while but I should be getting back into it . Except for a while in two weekends time when I climb Ruapehu again and photograph a ski competition . I may choose a better hotel this time though ...