1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Kung-fu lamb

Discussion in 'Other Animals' started by Desmond, Aug 5, 2007.

1. Today I tested the 70-200 on the month-old lambs on the farm in New Zealand . They are very frisky and run around in packs excercising but one in particular thought he was "Jackie-lamb "

Lambs044.
    NIKON D80    ---    200mm    f/2.8    1/320s    ISO 400

Lambs050.

Some were not interested though ...

Lambs114.

2. That looks funny, Desmond. Thanks for sharing.

3. Steve S

Steve S

Feb 1, 2005
    SE Florida
    Cool shots! Put real meaning to putting a little spring in your step!

4. Precious! I just love baby lambs! Great shots too!

5. I do too, gotta be served pink though with a little mint sauce :wink:

6. Kim

Kim

Jun 16, 2005
    Tennessee
    I couldn't imagine what you meant by "kung-fu lamb". Now I know! Great shots. Made me smile. Thanks for sharing.

7. I share a "lifestyle block ' [ mini farm ] with my landlord . In New Zealand they breed the lambs to be born in winter [July/August ] . I'm not sure why , but on the south Island they are born in the snow which doesn't sound very nice . The pictures were taken with the 70-200 on the D80 because I wanted to test the focusing . I had to send the pair of to Nikon because I noticed that it seemed to focus behind the subject . It turned out to be a sensor calibration fault but now seems to be ok .

8. cotdt

cotdt

Jul 14, 2007
    Bay Area, USA
    that's hilarious. reminds me of the time when a jack rabbit jumped up to my face and gave a big kick. ouch!

9. Yvette

Yvette

Jan 3, 2007
    Texas
    That is too cute Desmond. Nice to see some of your shots again.

10. I've been pretty pre-occupied for posting pictures for a while but I should be getting back into it . Except for a while in two weekends time when I climb Ruapehu again and photograph a ski competition . I may choose a better hotel this time though ...

summit091.
    Canon PowerShot S70    ---    6mm    f/3.2    1/1000s   

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.