1. My wife thought we could kill 2 birds with 1 stone by taking a week after Christmas and going to Disney in California for 2 days and then visiting around L.A.for a few days after. We live closer to Florida Disney and it would be cheaper, but we thought the L.A. area would be nicer after a couple of days at Disney. For those who live in this part of the woods, what are the best beach areas to stay at for a few days after Disney. Marina Del Ray looks like it might be ok and my camera could get a workout there also.
    Thanks
    Brad

2. jcovert

jcovert Guest

Disneyland in LA is not at all like DW in Florida. I don't think you would want to spend 2 days there. Maybe one day, then go immediately to the beach on the other side of town (other side of town is like 2 hours away btw). It's hard for me to think of LA as a vacation destination i guess.

3. Neither one of us want to go to Disney for more than 1 day anyway. This way the girls can say they went to Disneyworld. I know if we go to Florida we will be going for 4 or 5 days, and i'll be out of my mind by the end of the week. It's much bigger in Florida. There must be something to see and photograph in the beach areas around L.A. without staying right downtown.

4. snownow

snownow

Jul 13, 2006
    so cal
    My family likes Disneyland here much better than Florida, so good choice. Spend one day at Disney land and one at California adventure (0 crowds)Marina Del ray is nice, Huntington beach is nice (and 30 min from Disney land). HB re-opened a wetlands, so more and more birds coming back. If heading here I would stay in Orange county vs heading to LA. How old are the kids? Other places to shoot...

San Diego wild animal park (2-3hr), San Diego Zoo (little more), Big bear lake (around 20-30 bald eagles just starting to arrive for the winter and 2 hours), a bunch of beaches. The beach is hit or miss, it could be 90 and sunny or 50 and overcast...I'll post more when it comes to mind

5. digipix

digipix

Mar 30, 2006
    Alvin
    Beach Cities

Any of the beach cities would provide places to shoot.

Long Beach, Seal Beach and Huntington Beach are all close together.
    Queen Mary is in Long Beach. Bolsa Chica wetlands is also nearby.

Further south in Orange county are Newport Beach, Corona del Mar and Laguna Beach.

Nearby is the Newport Back Bay where you can rent kayaks and paddle
    the back bay.

Another park in this part of Orange County is Crystal Cove State Park.
    There's some cottages
    that are available for rent, but you'll need to reserve them months early.

Alvin

6. cuttooth

cuttooth Guest

not sure what you are hoping to see/shoot but the drive up the coast to santa barbara is worth it. nice beaches plenty of historic buildings and lots of great public gardens.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.