Labor Day Fun

Discussion in 'People' started by Terri French, Sep 6, 2005.

1. Terri French

Terri French

May 5, 2005
    Idaho
    Our local reservoir was packed with boats yesterday. The water was rough but everyone had fun anyway. Here is my favorite shot of the day. My future son-in-law really can ski!!! We sure like to tease him about his facial expressions when he is skiing. He is such a pleasant, mild manored young man, but put him behind a boat--and all that determination to succeed comes out!!

48795041. \

This one shows more of his "real" personality.

View attachment 15094

Both shot with my D70 and 70-200VR. Hope you all had a fun holiday.

2. PGB

PGB

Jan 25, 2005
    Great captures Terri! From the looks of the second one I would say they are in love. The card was sweet too.

Thanks for sharing.

3. Wow, these are two great captures.
    The movement of the water, the angle of the body and the facial expression are superb in #1. This is a keaper.

4. Mike Z

Mike Z

May 30, 2005
    Northbrook, IL
    Terri,
    I agree with Christian. The water skiing alone would make the shot excellent, but the facial expression makes it a great capture. Technically, the shot is perfect.

Mike

5. 1st photo is great capture of a man who goes up in his hobby/sport.

2nd photo the love is coming of the image, the card is sweet so you showed both sides of this man. A true sportsman and a true romantic man.

So your future son in law is happy
    Your daughter is happy
    And again you are having great captures so you are happy
    And we all are happy because of your great photo's

Thanks for sharing,
    VinceBeus

6. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    Terri,

Great captures. As everyone else has said....first shot is a winner!

So...how are the wedding plans coming along for the lovebirds???

7. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Great captures, Terri. Your (almost) son-in-law definately knows how to handle a water ski...one ski!!! The image is absolutely nailed...great water and facial expression. The second image...well it certainly depicts the meaning of true love. You can almost see the little hearts emitting from his head!!!

8. What great action in the first image. Any water skier would love to have this image. The second is a poignant moment that you have captured well. Both are keepers.

9. Terri, that future son-in-law is quite a hunk! Both of your pictures are just excellent! Has this handsome couple set a wedding date yet?

Virginia
    aka beuacamera

10. Great shots Terri! That look must be a skier thing...

[​IMG]

11. Terri, the first one is just perfect. Every time I looked at it, I had to 'wow'.

And see how a little kiss can transform a guy. Ladies, remember to kiss your men everyday.

Thanks for sharing.

12. Terri French

Terri French

May 5, 2005
    Idaho
    Hi Patrick,
    Thanks for looking. It has been fun watching these two over the summer. When my older two girls met "Mr. Right" they were both living away from home and I didn't get to watch the process first hand. He is a wonderful young man and we couldn't be happier.

13. Terri French

Terri French

May 5, 2005
    Idaho
    Christian,
    Glad you like the water ski picture. I've taken a lot of them this summer, but I feel that this one is the best I have done. I think it is very difficult to be sitting in a bouncing boat trying to hold a camera steady. Believe me, I have deleted hundreds of shots that didn't turn out good.

14. Terri French

Terri French

May 5, 2005
    Idaho
    Mike,
    Thank you so much for your generous compliment. We liked the picture. Water ski shots are very hard to do. You get a lot of duds before you find one you like.

15. Terri French

Terri French

May 5, 2005
    Idaho
    Thank you Vince. It IS nice that everyone is happy. I appreciate you taking the time to write such a nice comment to the pictures.

16. Terri French

Terri French

May 5, 2005
    Idaho
    Hi Leigh,

The wedding plans are coming along fine. I am getting together with all four of my daughters in Salt Lake City this weekend and we are going wedding dress shopping together. It's a tradition we started with the older two girls, and it should be a lot of fun.

We've looked around a bit and the dress styles are just gorgeous this year. I am hoping to take my camera and get some shots of everyone trying to help Heather find a dress.

17. Terri French

Terri French

May 5, 2005
    Idaho
    Hi Frank,

I am going to use these pictures for a wedding slide show. Maybe I should Photoshop in some hearts radiating from his head for fun!!!

18. Terri French

Terri French

May 5, 2005
    Idaho
    Hi Gordon,
    Thank for looking and commenting. It's a fun time for us. I think I'll enlarge the first picture and give it to Beau. I've printed off a couple of others from the summer but this one is better than they are.

19. Terri French

Terri French

May 5, 2005
    Idaho
    The wedding is November 19. I'll tell Beau that a lady from the Internet thinks he is a "hunk". He'll get a kick out of that. He is very cute--tall too--6'6".

20. Terri French

Terri French

May 5, 2005
    Idaho
    So funny!! My husband and I were reading these replies together and when we saw your picture we just both burst out laughing. The similair expression is so funny.