Labor Day Hockey

Discussion in 'Sports Photography' started by GeoffBolte, Sep 2, 2008.

1. Had a chance to shoot some of the Labor Day Face Off in Marlboro, MA. Was a U14-U19 USA Hockey Tier 1 (AAA) tourny so it was a better game and quicker paced. Loved the action I got from the tourny. Lots of scouts hanging around, and some really good goalie play as well as some quick changes. Been waiting for something like this for a little while now. Anyways here are some selects from the tourny.

SteveKing I promise this should be it of hockey for a little while :biggrin: Although I do have another type of hockey today (field).

D300 300mm 2.8, 1/250th, f5, ISO 125-200. 4-8 WL 1600s bounced off the ceiling.

1. Eyes on the puck.
    GCB_8527.

GCB_7894.

GCB_7881.

GCB_7580.

GCB_7332.

GCB_7292.

GCB_7025.

GCB_6970.

2. nice shooting, geoff
    i enjoyed this series

3. Outstanding Geoff, where you shooting FH today?

4. Thanks Greg and Chris

I'll be in western MA @ the West Springfield vs Frontier Regional game in West Springfield. Covering the Varsity and JV games.

5. ugh, too far, we'll meet up someday...stop by the Eastern States Exposition for some fun :biggrin:

6. tjk60

tjk60

Dec 4, 2007
    troy, mi
    geoff, enjoy your experrtise as always. Hockey practice starts in a few days, even tho football just kicked off last weekend. I'm looking forward to using the 300 2.8 and dialing the SB800s in even better this year. Hopefully I can afford a few more, after I recover from losing money on the house we are selling....

7. We'll see on the Big E, was at the Woodstock Fair this weekend on Saturday with my Niece, and spent a good chunk of change. Looking forward to some nice paychecks with the sports season arriving.

Moving again? Or still working on selling?

As always thanks and I can't wait to see some of your work with the new equipment.

8. tjk60

tjk60

Dec 4, 2007
    troy, mi
    Finally sold. 9 months and 18K less than we paid 9 years ago....

9. ah, almost went down myself, kids wanted to see SmashMouth on Sun, and Foghat was there too...but we hit the North End for St. Anthony's Feast instead...

10. biggstr6

biggstr6

Apr 26, 2005
    Richmond,Va
    Great Pics . Am I reading that right 4-8 White lightings? Wow.

Man ,Troy you took a hit on the house huh.
    Well on the bright side its like paying $2K a year rent for 9 years.Not the investment you hoped for ,but better than alot people who rent.

11. Biggs, yup 4-8 depending on the rink I was in.

12. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Geoff, if I didn't know better, I would think you shot this from the ice itself. Wow, these are sweet. Super lighting technique and the images are as sharp as razors.

13. topher04r1

topher04r1 Guest

just fantastic ... shot number 2 really shows peak action and good expression .... well done !!!! ..... man i'm giong to need to get up there and shoot with you soon ....

14. Oldtime

Oldtime

Jul 5, 2006
    Durham, NC
    Wonderful shots Geoff
    Lights make all the difference and these shots prove it colors POP
    Very nice series

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.