Lac du Bois Grasslands

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by Nikam, Dec 28, 2005.

1. Only about 1.5% of BC is grassland. These grasslands have been made into a Provincial Park, although they still allow grazing. The grasslands were covered in snow up until about a week and a half ago. We had a warm spell and almost all of the snow melted. It made for a nice shot as the sun got low in the sky :). Today its a gray day and it has snowed again so it won't look the same at all.

2. RForshey

RForshey Guest

Very beautiful image Dennis..

3. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    That almost looks like a fine painting.

Great job. Beautiful image. Just love the colors.

Beautiful hanging on your wall and other people walls as well.

4. Johntu

Johntu

Jul 4, 2005
    Fremont, CA
    Very beautiful shot, vivid colors.

John

5. Bob Coutant

Bob Coutant Moderator Moderator

May 17, 2005
    Pleasantville Ohio
    Very nice shot Dennis. It has a very effective feeling of depth -- I had to buckle my seatbelt to keep from falling in :smile: .

6. What a nice shot Dennis. I love the implied harmony between land and sky.

7. Thanks everyone for your kind comments.

I teach at the local university and don't have nearly as much time as I'd like to get out shooting during the school year. It was really nice to have a bit of sunshine over Christmas break and to get out and take some pics. These grasslands are also quite beautiful in the spring. There are several small narrow lakes down in some of the valleys which attract quite a lot of wildlife.

Gale, I see a new D200 and 18-200VR on your list. No wonder you believe in Santa - he was very good to you! Congratulations on your new acquisitions! Hope to see lots of great shots from these!

8. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Thank you Dennis....

I will sure try :>)))

The 300 mm f2.8 was the real SANTA Gift :>))) Wonder how I will do now :>))
    We will see. Whole new ball game now.
    The D200 is a FINE camera.
    The D100 is very sad. However it has the 18-200 VR on it and that makes it a bit happier :>)))

Sure hope you get out to take some more images like the one posted here soon.
    Truely beautiful. Look foward to the spring images as well