Ladies of the Diamond

I took a break from the boys and crossed the parking lot to shoot the girls. Tough to follow the action with a smaller field, but the same number of people inhabiting it. All shots taken with a D2H and 300mm w/1.4x TC on a monopod or 70-200mm VR handheld.

Collision at second base...70-200mm VR
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Ready at third base...300mm f/2.8 VR and 1.4x TC
View attachment 91216

Pitcher knows she good.....real good! 300mm f/2.8 VR and 1.4x TC
View attachment 91217

Shortstop moving left...300mm f/2.8 VR and 1.4x TC
View attachment 91218

"Stylin" in the outfield...300mm f/2.8 VR and 1.4x TC
View attachment 91219

The throw from third to first....you're OUT! 300mm and TC
View attachment 91220

Frank, these are wonderful! Gotta love red fingernails on a pitcher!! :biggrin:

That first one looks like it hurt!! :eek:

J

JMartin

Beautiful images as usual, Frank.

I just have one comment... :tongue: the least she could do is color coordinate and wear orange or blue fingernail polish! :wink:

"Stylin" in the outfield...300mm f/2.8 VR and 1.4x TC
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

There you go you will learn to love short fields for girls softball for some in your face shots. It takes so me use following the action with the 300.
Next time take the tc off and in between innings when the pictcher is warming up postion yourslef a few fet behind and to the right or left of the catcher and shot portrait and get some burst of the pitchers, first make sure hse has some control!! Great stuff here Frank

Thanks for commenting Mike. Definately tough following the action with a long prime on a small field. So many people moving and seemingly little spact between them. I'll give your idea a try....I think. "Honey, where's my cup?"

I'll give your idea a try....I think. "Honey, where's my cup?"
Thanks for the chuckle, Frank! :biggrin:

I'm going to give Mike's idea a try too next time out. That's what I love about this place. The most helpful folks around and always willing to offer constructive criticism with a smile :smile:

Great show Frank! Liked how the ball is frozen in the last shot, and the painted finger nails .... priceless :biggrin:

Frank, these are simply fantastic!

I love the contrast and the action in the first shot.

The portrait of the pitcher is really top notch. Well done all around!
Thank you Mitch. I am working hard to get the most out of the new lens and TC.

Thanks for the chuckle, Frank! :biggrin:

I'm going to give Mike's idea a try too next time out. That's what I love about this place. The most helpful folks around and always willing to offer constructive criticism with a smile :smile:
Creating the Sports forum was a great idea, just a wonderful forum for us all to share images, ideas and a good laugh too!

Great show Frank! Liked how the ball is frozen in the last shot, and the painted finger nails .... priceless :biggrin:
Thanks Shekhar...the girls have a much greater personna than the boys and usually much more animated in their on-field actions. The smaller playing field and the long glass match up well.

These are really good Frank. Very sharp and the colors are warm. I find it very difficult to use the TC with the 70-200VR, nevermind with the 300mm.

Great job

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom