1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Lady Finch

Discussion in 'Birds' started by cajun angel, Aug 25, 2008.

1. Came home to find this little lady on my patio. She didn't fly when I opened the door. Dunno if she's hurt or a juvi, she was a brave little gal! oops, I may had my focus metering on spot - okay, I'll try again!

2797504344_42330ba8d0_b.

2. Now that is a closeup. Great shot.

3. Thanks! I took a few shots through the door, but then decided to open it - she didn't move! I got on my tummy and fired away! She really was that close! Just wish I had done like I've been told many times - reset my settings. Despite it all it came out nice.

4. Jeff Lee

Jeff Lee

May 16, 2006
    Oregon
    Nice image, did she fly away later?

5. When I went out to put food in one of my feeders, yes. She flew into a tree. I'm thinking she was a very young lady and didn't know where she was safest. :confused: :rolleyes: 

6. BirdLady

BirdLady

Jan 8, 2006
    Alabama
    Beautiful shot, Dianne!

7. Thanks Debbie! Just wish I had remembered to change the metering! Oh well, I'm not perfect!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.