Ladybug and an Aphid.

Its nice that we have the warm evenings now and I can go wonder around with my macro lens after work, I had the 2x tc on the 200 f4 micro and I still cropped, pretty small little critters.

21257364-L.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

21257348-L.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Martin

Martin,

You just insist on feeding my inferiority complex. 8)

These are wonderful. :wink:

I've just got to get out my macro set-up, and practice, practice, practice.

What kind of lighting did you use on these?

Flew said:
Martin,

You just insist on feeding my inferiority complex. 8)

These are wonderful. :wink:

I've just got to get out my macro set-up, and practice, practice, practice.

What kind of lighting did you use on these?

Thanks Frank, I have been using the SB-800 on a small aluminum bracket I made that I attache to the tripod foot and I use a SC-29 cord, I also have an Lumiquest Mini Softbox attached and sometimes I have a piece of tin foil attached to the lens hood with an elastic band to give some shadow fill.

Martin

greyflash said:
Those aphid guys are bad dudes on your plants. Now of course I will take all the lady bugs I can get. Well done.

Hi Gordon, thanks for commenting, the Aphids are great for attractiong all kinds of insects that feed on them, my weeping birch tree has lots of them, it doesn't take long and the Ladybugs move in and start laying eggs on the leaves, the Ladybug larva are pretty cool looking hopefully I will get a picture of them this year.

Martin

Martin, you always put new light on any subject. Your inventiveness with new apparatus shows that you are not only a genius at what you do, but a real craftsman and inventor too.

Virginia
aka beaucamera

Hi Virginia, I like building some of my own equipment, its a lot cheaper that way and it lets me custumize for certain situations, I always keep some 1/8" x 1" aluminum flat bar handy so I can bend and drill for what I need, I would like to get some of those tiny ball heads though they would give me more adjustment.

I am also building a mini tripod and I want to add micrometer adjustment on my focus rail, I have a micrometer thimball that I have rescued i just haven't decided if I want to modify my rail or start from scratch.

Thanks for the nice comments.

Martin

Thanks Keith, it sure is a nice lens.

Humming bird action is starting to pick up a bit around here there is a female sucking down the feeder, no males around though, soon there will be young ones and there very fast and fight alot.

Martin

Martin,

Your 200mm micro is sweet! I thought I had it all when I purchased the 60mm micro, but I had to get too close to the local bumble bees residing in my ivy bushes. I have the 180mm Tamron macro, but it just doesn't compare to yours. I look forward to more images. Congratulations.

Crystall

CrystallP said:
Martin,

Your 200mm micro is sweet! I thought I had it all when I purchased the 60mm micro, but I had to get too close to the local bumble bees residing in my ivy bushes. I have the 180mm Tamron macro, but it just doesn't compare to yours. I look forward to more images. Congratulations.

Crystall

Thanks Crystall, the long macros lenses seem to be the way to go the extra working distance makes it so much easier but the weight can be tiring.

Martin

Latest threads

Top Bottom