Laffoon & Legg

Discussion in 'Film Forum' started by Chris101, Apr 3, 2007.

1. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    [​IMG]

(Miami, delta 400, hc110 dil b for 7.5 min, 68°F, 24-120vr on N80, printed on Pearl finish Multigrade, #2 filter, Dektol)

2. Miami? I thought you were visting the West Coast?

Nice shot. Makes me wonder what she was looking at.

3. JoeG

JoeG

Nov 2, 2006
    Tyrol, Austria
    great shot. that both have the arms in the same forward position and the shadows are very cool.

4. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    I'm was in Miami, Arizona, a mining town that should be a ghost town, but isn't.

5. You know I should have remembered that from your other thread.

6. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    Or the next one ... :Wink: It is 3:30 in the morning, after all!

7. I am at my peak at 3:30 AM though. I'm a blithering idiot during the day.

8. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    Well, you've got me beat at 3:30 - I'm a b.i. all the time.

9. Madame teacher, n'est-ce pas?

10. this particular Miami seems like a must visit kind of place. i could be happy just seeing the shadows..which do seem to carry the greatest character here..i'm just waking up here at 0930 with PEET"S dark french extra opaque diluted with half-n-half...so i'm 'free-associating'...but the shadows key me off two way...1) Gahan Wilson..2) 1960's Mad Magazine....must be nice doing field trips with other photogs

11. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    It is indeed Ned. I almost titled this post "Here's one for Ned". Ain't those shadows killer Rodney? It's a blast indeed going on field trips with them. Interestingly the only students that went were the three of us who had Jen last semester. Well, not so much had as took a class from. I'm over my infatuation anyway, because look at that: a stinkin' Canon XTi. :rolleyes:

12. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Wow what a shot:>))

13. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    Thanks Gale!

14. I love the composition and timing on this one.

15. MontyDog

MontyDog

Jan 30, 2005
    #1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax;

16. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    Thanks Ray! The timing was what this shot was all about. I was standing on the opposite side of the street as I saw them approaching, and I waited for them to be aligned right across from me. That's what Laffoon is looking at - me cause I was hiding the camera so they would just walk into it.

Thank you Paul. The shadows certainly do make this more than just a picture of two people. To me, the shadows portray what they will look like in 50 years.

17. Great shot Chris, and an hilarious comment regarding your vision.