Laguna Beach Rolls Royce

Discussion in 'Transportation' started by cmpalmer, Sep 15, 2005.

1. cmpalmer

cmpalmer

Jan 27, 2005
    Huntsville, AL
    I was eating dinner at the White House restaurant in Laguna Beach last week, sitting on the sidewalk patio, when this lovely car parked beside my table. With my little Coolpix, I had to improvise a tripod out of an unlit table candle to get this shot without the flash, so I didn't have much choice in composition, so sorry about the tree and trash can (and the low-light noise), but I still liked the shots:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The rest of my trip pictures are at Southern California

2. patrickh

patrickh

May 4, 2005
    Thousand Oaks
    Nice car - expensive - flashy, but not a Rollo. Gives nice feel of Laguna Beach tho. :smile:

3. Pretty good for a propped up coolpix at night.

4. cmpalmer

cmpalmer

Jan 27, 2005
    Huntsville, AL
    I had assumed it was a nicely restored RR Phantom (it has a RR grill and ornament), but, if that's what it is supposed to be, they modified the body a bit. I don't think they ever did the headlines or the enclosed spare like that.

So is this just a custom car?

5. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    I believe that the car in question is an Excalibur. It is a kit car usually built onto a GM mid-sized chassis.

6. patrickh

patrickh

May 4, 2005
    Thousand Oaks
    Kit car vs Rollo

Yes it's a kit car. One sees them occasionally especially in SoCal and Florida. Rollo is always higher off the ground, smoother (no extraneous parts) and generally understated. My favorite quote on the Rollo is "If you have to ask the price, you cant afford it". Still loved the picture.

7. cmpalmer

cmpalmer

Jan 27, 2005
    Huntsville, AL
    It drove away before I finished dinner and I didn't get a close look, so I'll plead that as an excuse (that and the faux Rollo grill and ornament). I do agree it was a hot car, though (and I did see a few real RRs -- and Bentleys, and Ferraris, and Jaguars, and ...).