Lake Forest Academy

I was asked by one of the moms to go up and shoot one of the varsity baseball teams last games of the season. This particular mom was familiar with my football stuff from last year and has a son Ben who is a senior on the varsity baseball team.

The seniors
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Ben
View attachment 94000

View attachment 94001

View attachment 94002

The two pitching shots are very nice Ty. It looks as though you took advantage of the cloudy day yesterday, well done.

very nice...were you using the 300 on the action shots? I only ask 'cause that bokeh is awesome! I wonder if I could make it shine the way you all do!?! Good job!

very nice...were you using the 300 on the action shots? I only ask 'cause that bokeh is awesome! I wonder if I could make it shine the way you all do!?! Good job!
Thanks so much, and yes these were all with the 300mm. And I'm certain that you would do just fine with one in your hands.

Thanks so much, and yes these were all with the 300mm except the first one that one was with a 35mm f/2. And I'm certain that you would do just fine with one in your hands.

Excellent! Love the pitching shots. The shot of the seniors gives me an idea for next Thursday. That will be the last home game (probably) for the local HS team. They are in the playoffs. They visit other team the first game, and play at home for the second. The 3rd..if necessary..will be played on a neutral field.
I should make sure I get a Senior group shot.

Excellent! Love the pitching shots. The shot of the seniors gives me an idea for next Thursday. That will be the last home game (probably) for the local HS team. They are in the playoffs. They visit other team the first game, and play at home for the second. The 3rd..if necessary..will be played on a neutral field.
I should make sure I get a Senior group shot.
Hey Jeff, thanks a bunch. Getting a shot of all the seniors would be a great idea for sure. Most of the guys in my shot have played all 4 years together. They are really a very tight group. They play hard and all of them set great examples for the younger kids on the team. A fine bunch of young men.

Sweet shots Ty! Cool bokeh on the pics too.

Major uniform faux pas for the pitcher though :wink:

Anklet socks? That's major fines by the kangaroo court :tongue:

Top Bottom