Lake Forest Academy

Discussion in 'Sports Photography' started by Tomerrifc, May 6, 2007.

1. I was asked by one of the moms to go up and shoot one of the varsity baseball teams last games of the season. This particular mom was familiar with my football stuff from last year and has a son Ben who is a senior on the varsity baseball team.

The seniors

Ben
    View attachment 94000

View attachment 94001

View attachment 94002

2. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    The two pitching shots are very nice Ty. It looks as though you took advantage of the cloudy day yesterday, well done.

3. Hey Frank, thanks and yes sir I did. Did you do any shooting this weekend?

4. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    A double header yesterday...editing now.

5. deznpj

deznpj

Apr 12, 2007
    SoCal
    very nice...were you using the 300 on the action shots? I only ask 'cause that bokeh is awesome! I wonder if I could make it shine the way you all do!?! Good job!

6. What editing??? Yours come correct right out of that little box you shoot through. :smile:

7. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    I wish.......:redface:

8. Thanks so much, and yes these were all with the 300mm. And I'm certain that you would do just fine with one in your hands.

9. Thanks so much, and yes these were all with the 300mm except the first one that one was with a 35mm f/2. And I'm certain that you would do just fine with one in your hands.

10. Jeff Mims

Jeff Mims

May 25, 2005
    Mississippi
    Excellent! Love the pitching shots. The shot of the seniors gives me an idea for next Thursday. That will be the last home game (probably) for the local HS team. They are in the playoffs. They visit other team the first game, and play at home for the second. The 3rd..if necessary..will be played on a neutral field.
    I should make sure I get a Senior group shot.

11. Hey Jeff, thanks a bunch. Getting a shot of all the seniors would be a great idea for sure. Most of the guys in my shot have played all 4 years together. They are really a very tight group. They play hard and all of them set great examples for the younger kids on the team. A fine bunch of young men.

12. Sweet shots Ty! Cool bokeh on the pics too.

Major uniform faux pas for the pitcher though :wink:

Anklet socks? That's major fines by the kangaroo court :tongue:

13. Nice shots Ty!

I especially like the white uniforms and the (non-distracting) dark background. Very nice!

14. TY very nice god I woudl have died for some cloudy weather here this weekend I shot 15 LAX games in some nasty harsh light

15. Simba909

Simba909

Mar 2, 2006
    Miami, FL
    Great shots TY. I have never shot baseball or softball with my 300. I will try tonight at the state finals.