1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Lake Lucerne at Gersau

Discussion in 'Wanderlust and Travel' started by SteepNDeep, Oct 4, 2008.

1. Here is a picture I took at Lake Lucerne near the town of Gersau this last Summer when our family travelled there. C&C requested and appreciated!

[​IMG]

2. Beautiful shot. I would up the contrast for sure. Maybe a tad more saturation as well. The frame however I do not like, I really think it takes away from your picture.

3. Very picturesque...nice capture:biggrin:

4. kirbinster

kirbinster

Nov 24, 2007
    NJ, USA
    Very nice shot, I was there about 20 years ago.

5. Thank you all for your response.

Do you all think that it does not have enough contrast or saturation? Personally, I find contrasty and saturated pictures too much like P&S, and tend towards more subtle coloring. May be it's just me.

Which part of the frame do you dislike? The words or the black frame? The words, I understand; but I find the picture looks better when set in the black frame.

Beautiful place, isn't it. My wife and I visited Switzerland in 1990. Always wanted to go back. Finally this year we get to bring our two boys there to see what it's all about.

6. I like your shot- but I would also love to see a version with the corner of sky cropped from the top right.

7. Done both. Upped the contrast, increased the saturation, took out the frame, and cropped out the sky.

[​IMG]

What d'ya think?

8. Looks just like the real thing! Nice work

9. Thanks! I am especially gratified to see that you are from Switzerland!

10. I say somewhere between the two. The first definitely needs a contrast boost, but I'm not really sure it needs that much saturation.

Nice shot.

11. I also find the second picture too saturated. May be I should scale it back a little. It will, no doubt, look a little different once I get it printed (my monitor is calibrated, but paper is a different media), so I may have to readjust that again *sigh*!

12. Bezoar

Bezoar Guest

awesome

13. Having been there and stayed in the Lucerne Palace, this brings back good memories.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.