Lake Lucerne at Gersau

Discussion in 'Wanderlust and Travel' started by SteepNDeep, Oct 4, 2008.

1. Here is a picture I took at Lake Lucerne near the town of Gersau this last Summer when our family travelled there. C&C requested and appreciated!

[​IMG]

2. Beautiful shot. I would up the contrast for sure. Maybe a tad more saturation as well. The frame however I do not like, I really think it takes away from your picture.

3. Very picturesque...nice capture:biggrin:

4. kirbinster

kirbinster

Nov 24, 2007
    NJ, USA
    Very nice shot, I was there about 20 years ago.

5. Thank you all for your response.

Do you all think that it does not have enough contrast or saturation? Personally, I find contrasty and saturated pictures too much like P&S, and tend towards more subtle coloring. May be it's just me.

Which part of the frame do you dislike? The words or the black frame? The words, I understand; but I find the picture looks better when set in the black frame.

Beautiful place, isn't it. My wife and I visited Switzerland in 1990. Always wanted to go back. Finally this year we get to bring our two boys there to see what it's all about.

6. I like your shot- but I would also love to see a version with the corner of sky cropped from the top right.

7. Done both. Upped the contrast, increased the saturation, took out the frame, and cropped out the sky.

[​IMG]

What d'ya think?

8. Looks just like the real thing! Nice work

9. Thanks! I am especially gratified to see that you are from Switzerland!

10. I say somewhere between the two. The first definitely needs a contrast boost, but I'm not really sure it needs that much saturation.

Nice shot.

11. I also find the second picture too saturated. May be I should scale it back a little. It will, no doubt, look a little different once I get it printed (my monitor is calibrated, but paper is a different media), so I may have to readjust that again *sigh*!

12. Bezoar

Bezoar Guest

awesome

13. Having been there and stayed in the Lucerne Palace, this brings back good memories.