1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Lake Michigan Coastline

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by Mike Z, Sep 28, 2008.

1. Mike Z

Mike Z

May 30, 2005
    Northbrook, IL
    We've had spectacular sunrises all this past week. Today, when I could get out, we got this.

Mike

2. Wonderful shot Mike:smile:

3. jadlh

jadlh

Mar 6, 2008
    USA, Michigan
    About those sunsets....

The last couple of weeks the weather here in Michigan has been outstanding, especially after the second weekend in Sep. when it rained 8 inches.

Lake Michigan from the other side of the Lake...from where we live in Michigan (north of Holland) we've seen some spectacular sunsets this summer, here are a couple that I've posted earlier this year:
    Image083.

Image023copy.

4. Mike Z

Mike Z

May 30, 2005
    Northbrook, IL
    Thanks Sal.

Nice shots, Jadlh.

5. cr2596

cr2596

Aug 20, 2008
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Fantastic shot, OP. Love the composition.

6. Mike Z

Mike Z

May 30, 2005
    Northbrook, IL
    Thanks for the nice comment.

Mike

7. Bob Coutant

Bob Coutant Moderator Moderator

May 17, 2005
    Pleasantville Ohio
    Mike, this communicates a sense of realism that I don't get from many shoreline shots. The colors are just right, and I can almost feel the wind and spray, and smell the weed caught on the rocks. Thank you.

8. jadlh

jadlh

Mar 6, 2008
    USA, Michigan
    Since I love this area and grew up around Lake Mich. shots of the Lake like yours are always special to me, I like the stones in your forground and the color of the Lake, I can hear the sound of the waves as we can hear them at our home often as it is a 10 min walk to the beach.
    Sometimes when it's really rough and stirred up it's not as clear as your pic shows.
    I went swimming yesterday as the water is 67...barely bearable, but great for this time of year.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.