Lake Tahoe - first pics

Getting started. My inbox is overflowing with photos :(

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Which of the following two you like?

The first picture is my favorite. I love how you graduated the change in color from top to bottom....Fantastic!

IT'S JUST NOT FAIR!!!!! I'M STUCK IN MY OFFICE ALL DAY!!! WWWAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!! :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Alright, my crying fit is over. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Nice images. My favorite is the one with the mountains in the background of the resort. :D :D :D :D

Real Name
Chris
Great shots - my favorite is the one with the red ski with the rhino up in your face with the mountain vista behind - the exposure is perfect as is the composition!

The reason I and a couple others prefer the first version of the monochrome photo is that the scene does not lend itself to a warm rendition. Back in the film days I used to do blue toning (with a Berg kit that smelled like cyanide.) I haven't figured out a digital equivalent yet, but cool tones would probably look great on that photo.

Thanks all.

Gordon - Lake Tahoe is fun, I like summer best too, but this time is fun, kinda off-season, so not much crowd and on a clear day it is a great place to visit.

Chris - You are the first person to like the ski :), thanks.

Regarding the monochrome photo, I get a feeling I know what you mean [even though I never shot film :(]. I have FM's B/W plugin, let me muck with it and try to simulate it.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom