Lake Tahoe - first pics

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by obelix, Apr 18, 2005.

1. obelix

obelix

Mar 17, 2005
    Fremont, CA, USA
    Getting started. My inbox is overflowing with photos :(

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Which of the following two you like?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    The first picture is my favorite. I love how you graduated the change in color from top to bottom....Fantastic!

3. F15Todd

F15Todd

Feb 1, 2005
    Tennessee
    Of the B&W pictures, I like the first..

4. Thanks for sharing these fun images of the Lake Tahoe area. Neat place but I like it best in the summer.

5. IT'S JUST NOT FAIR!!!!! I'M STUCK IN MY OFFICE ALL DAY!!! WWWAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!! :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Alright, my crying fit is over. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Nice images. My favorite is the one with the mountains in the background of the resort. :D :D :D :D

6. Bubba

Bubba

Apr 12, 2005
    Alabama
    They're all really nice but I agree with Leigh...the first pic is my favorite.

7. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    Great shots - my favorite is the one with the red ski with the rhino up in your face with the mountain vista behind - the exposure is perfect as is the composition!

The reason I and a couple others prefer the first version of the monochrome photo is that the scene does not lend itself to a warm rendition. Back in the film days I used to do blue toning (with a Berg kit that smelled like cyanide.) I haven't figured out a digital equivalent yet, but cool tones would probably look great on that photo.

8. obelix

obelix

Mar 17, 2005
    Fremont, CA, USA
    Thanks all.

Gordon - Lake Tahoe is fun, I like summer best too, but this time is fun, kinda off-season, so not much crowd and on a clear day it is a great place to visit.

Chris - You are the first person to like the ski :), thanks.

Regarding the monochrome photo, I get a feeling I know what you mean [even though I never shot film :(]. I have FM's B/W plugin, let me muck with it and try to simulate it.

9. The graduation is the first shot is fantastic - and I love the B&W too !

Great shots !