Lamborghini to Nissan Ratio

Someone around here observed that the ratio of Nikons to Canons is about as important as the ratio of Lambo's to Nissans.

While traveling in Switzerland and France for the last 2 weeks it seemed that the "it" camera among Asian tourists was the 5D MkII with a 24-105 IS zoom. Rarely did the European and North American tourists with high end gear choose the 5D2, instead going usually for a D300/18-200 VR combo or a D700 with either a 24-120 VR, one of the pro f/2.8 zooms, or a prime. Moving off the "good stuff" I observed more small Nikon bodies with kit zooms than Canon Rebels.

This survey is totally unscientific, probably subject to all sorts of bias and YMMV. By the way, I drive an Infiniti, which is a Nissan with a fancy name.

haha. Asian tourists shell out the big bucks on cameras.

Lambos are unreliable. My Nikon is a solid.

I too have noticed that D40/D60/D40X are super popular. More so than the Canon rebels. Maybe Ashton is doing his job. haha

In the photojournalist world I occasionally interact with, Canons dominate.

And looking at the recent housing crisis it seems that the "it" mortgage is an ARM for a house you can't afford.

But that doesn't make it a good idea :smile:

haha. Asian tourists shell out the big bucks on cameras.

Lambos are unreliable. My Nikon is a solid.

I too have noticed that D40/D60/D40X are super popular. More so than the Canon rebels. Maybe Ashton is doing his job. haha

In the photojournalist world I occasionally interact with, Canons dominate.

i agree with Ashton doing his job, I notice more and more d40/x/60/90's in the hands of the average photo taker lately .... More women than men too.
they all love the pop up flash though :eek:

Real Name
Mike
I'm currently driving my third Nissan truck. Bought my first in '87. I build Hondas for a living, by the way.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom