1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

*Landscape and Hummingbirds*

Discussion in 'Birds' started by coffee, Aug 30, 2008.

1. When I was at Miller Canyon,AZ,I walked on the bridge over a little creek to go the hummingbird viewing site
    and every time I passed the bridge,I thought it was a beautiful place to see but I never took a picture till
    the last day.
    I took several landscape pictures and this is my favorite.

White-eared hummingbird is a rare breed to be seen in AZ and you can only see them at Beatty's Guest Ranch.
    They came quite close to me so it was easy to spot and photograph them.

Magnificents on the other hand are quite skittish and they don't come close to you.
    And when they're perching on a tree,even if they're 15-20ft. away from you,if you move your camera
    toward them,they're gone. But catching them at a feeder is not a problem. I just waited till they came
    on a particular perching tree and shot away in a burst mode.

Violet-crowned is a beautiful bird but I saw them only 3 times and they only came to the feeder.

I will post the rest next week.

Enjoy.

Hide

large.

White-eared
    View attachment 245246

White-eared
    View attachment 245247

Viole-crowned
    View attachment 245248

magnificent
    View attachment 245249

magnificent
    View attachment 245250

2. awesome Hide, what a great experiance., reminds me of our trip to costa rica a couple of years ago.

3. Thank you, Ray. Costa Rica? I'd like to go there someday.

4. Your pictures of hummers never ceases to amaze me.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.