landscape or people?

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by Terri French, Jun 25, 2005.

1. Terri French

Terri French

May 5, 2005
    Idaho
    Not sure which forum to post this in. My husband knew a guy from work who had this old Kawasaki touring motorcycle. The fellow bought it new, rode it a few thousand miles (9,000) then stored it away in his garage for years. He died and my husband bought the bike from the fellow's son a couple of years ago. It is in mint condition. We have had so much fun riding it in the beautiful countryside in southeastern Idahoand surrounding states. My sister and her husband have a Gold Wing and we love going out on rides together. Here are a couple of shots from today.

My husband and myself are on the left--sister and hubby on the right. (We wear helmets, so between the helmets and the wind it was a VERY bad hair day.)

The Grand Tetons from Driggs, Idaho. This side of the range isn't as famous as the Wyoming side.

View attachment 11114

A view of the Snake River

View attachment 11115

Greg and his motorcycle

View attachment 11116

It was a great way to spend a Saturday afternoon!!!

2. Great shots of a beautiful area Terri. I too rode a Goldwing for many years and had lots of fun. You have photographed the Tetons beautifully.

3. Terri French

Terri French

May 5, 2005
    Idaho
    I bet you had fun riding year round in your gorgeous area. Our motorcycle only gets a few months use each year. I appreciate you taking the time to look at these and making a comment. By the way, I stopped by your Italy gallery on pbase. It is great. I added you to my list of favorite artists, so I can watch as you add more. You have a beautiful family.

4. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Terri,

I have to echo Gordon, with one exception, I don't do motorcycles :<(..

Beautiful images and country.

5. Terry, I know this conflict of where to post certain pics (see my recent post :lol: ).

Seems you had an exciting trip through a great scenery. I never made the bike license myself, because bike riding has always seemd too dangerous to me.

6. fks

fks

Apr 30, 2005
    sf bay area
    hi terry-

the second photo looks like an alpine scene, snow-peaked mountains and green fields in the front. lovely countryside.

ricky

7. Terri in your #2 picture you have the most beautiful green grass I have ever seen.

8. Terri French

Terri French

May 5, 2005
    Idaho
    Thanks Gale--You know, until two years ago I didn't do motorcycles either. It still makes me so nervous. But, it was important to my husband. I'm doing it for him. I just pray the whole time that nothing bad will happen.

9. Terri French

Terri French

May 5, 2005
    Idaho
    I'll find your post with conflicting forum entries. See my reply to Gale about the danger factor.

10. Terri French

Terri French

May 5, 2005
    Idaho
    Thanks Ricky. It really is beautiful in the Teton Valley. Wish I could live there. At least I can see it a few times a year.

11. Terri French

Terri French

May 5, 2005
    Idaho
    Gilles,
    I couldn't believe how green the fields were yesterday. That is actually a wheat field in the picture. It is farm country in Teton Valley. We have had an unusual amount of rain this spring and everything here is gorgeous. Give it a few weeks and it will all be brown, though.

12. Cory Cooper

Cory Cooper

May 24, 2005
    Salem, NH
    I'd say 1 & 4 people and 2 & 3 landscape. Although, the people shots do have great landscapes in the back!

Great shots...beautiful country out there. I will never foget my first trip out west...

That green grass looks just like the rolling hills and Green Mountains of Vermont. Beautiful.

C

13. Very nice Terri what a wonderful way to get around and take in that beautiful country you have there

14. Hi Terri;

You have some nice shots there. I particularly love the Teton shot. My family and I usually see it from the Wyoming side as we stay at Colter Bay. I'd like to head up there via your neck of the woods next time we go.

Thanks for posting.

Brian

15. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Great series of images Terri...beautiful background!!!

16. Terri French

Terri French

May 5, 2005
    Idaho
    I sure hope I make it to Vermont someday. I've been north, south, and west of Idaho, but not east. I appreciate your compliment

17. Terri French

Terri French

May 5, 2005
    Idaho
    Hi Mike,
    Thank you for looking at my pictures. Even though it makes me nervous to be on the motorcycle, it is fun. You get so much more of the experience than you do in a car. I really enjoyed my day.

18. JeffKohn

JeffKohn

Apr 21, 2005
    Houston, TX
    Thanks for sharing these, they're really nice. I especially like the "backside" view of the Tetons. Looks like it was a nice day for a ride. I envy you getting to go riding, it's been about 10 years since I owned a motorcycle. I also envy you being relatively close to such a beautiful part of the country. ( I don't envy the winters up there though :) ). We're planning our vacation up to the Tetons and Yellowstone in Sept if my wife can get the vacation time approved.

19. Terri French

Terri French

May 5, 2005
    Idaho
    I love being here most of the year. In January, I will be envious of you. Since my husband is a skier I'll have to always live in a cold snowy place. Hope you enjoy your trip here. Sept. would be the perfect time to visit the parks.