Lansing Lugnut Baseball

D

dbirdsong

tonight I photographed my first ever pro baseball game in Lansing. The Lugnuts are the Toronto Blue Jay's single a farm team.

These are 3 shots that I like so far...

_DSC5989.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

_DSC6037.jpg

_DSC6099.jpg

Very nice captures, Dave. I had a couple of pro sports shooters look at my images and they both recommended cropping my images much tighter. I like what you did on a couple of your images and need to practice cropping tighter on my stuff. The second and third shots are probably cropped the way that these pros would recommend that it is done.

Hey!!! Those Lugnuts are a Chicago Cub affiliate!!!

D

dbirdsong

eng45ine said:
Very nice captures, Dave. I had a couple of pro sports shooters look at my images and they both recommended cropping my images much tighter. I like what you did on a couple of your images and need to practice cropping tighter on my stuff. The second and third shots are probably cropped the way that these pros would recommend that it is done.

Hey!!! Those Lugnuts are a Chicago Cub affiliate!!!

Thanks Frank...

I think the first rule of photography is get close and then get closer....
I really try to get my shots right when I take them and then do minor cropping if needed.

What I have been told over the years is that my eye is what makes my pictures good.. As for exposure, I really tend to trust what the camera says more than maybe I should.

As for the the Lugnuts being affiliated with the Cubs, that might have been true in the past, but according to http://lansinglugnuts.com they are now affiliated with the Blue Jays.

We need to get together sometime and shoot...

D

dbirdsong

biggstr6 said:
You got pretty good reach on that first one , which lens did you use?

They were taken with a D70, Sigma 70-200 HSM EX F2.8 and a Sigma EX 1.4 TC.

Latest threads

Top Bottom