Lantana

Discussion in 'Macro, Flowers, Insects, and Greenery' started by PhotoDawg, Jul 16, 2005.

1. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    Oooh, that's pretty....I keep saying I'm going to plant that around our house....it just never happens! Nice job on this shot...was this at the Botanical Garden?

2. Lisa

Lisa

May 3, 2005
    IL
    Very nice! I like the b/w and color treatment you gave this image. There are a few ways to accomplish this, which technique did you use for this one? I'm always looking for an easy way to do this.

3. Is that what that's called? I like the B&W treatment on this one Bryan!

4. No, I took this at our house. I saw a bunch of Lantana in the Butterfly House. They sure are pretty and grow real well in just about any condition. :D :D :D

5. Hey Lisa,

In Photoshop, I just use the wand selection tool to select everything but the subject you want to remain in color. Or select the subject and invert your selection. Which ever is easiest. Then I color adjust the selection. :D :D :D :D

6. Bryan,

I really like this treatment. It's very dramatic. I especially like desaturated backgrounds with colorful foregrounds.

7. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Very nice Bryan.