Laos

Discussion in 'Wanderlust and Travel' started by the_traveler, Mar 23, 2007.

1. I am new to NikonCafe and am pleasantly surprised at the high level of posting.

I love to travel and have returned a month ago from 5+ weeks in Cambodia/Laos; here are a few of my favorites so far in the processing.

Little boy on bridge over Nam Ou in northren Laos

[​IMG]

Hunter at roadside stop.

captivebirdsnk00003hq1.

In Luong Namtha, northern Laos. They were solemn until I made a face at them

threelittlechildrenln00hx8.

Rice storage shack, paddies and Black Wat, named because it is in a Black Thai village

[​IMG]

There had probably never been a Westerner in this little roadside restaurant and she was at once interested and frightened

childwithorangeln00052ap8.

All taken with D200 and 18-200, an incomparable walk around lens for backpacking.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2007
  2. Hello there, nice series of captures here. Would love to travel to that part of the world.

3. GastheerG

GastheerG Guest

Great but #1 is superb! Great moment!

4. bob swanson

bob swanson Guest

:cool: Wonderful trip. For business? I've seen your local official before, maybe on another forum. Welcome. BS:rolleyes:

5. Nice series! Must have been a very intersting trip. Your first photo is outstanding!

6. What the heck is that rodent???

7. Not a clue.

8. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Great images

9. Your pics bring back memories. I've been to Laos in 1994 and loved it. Still widely unspoilt by tourism - especially when you (like I do) spend most of the time in thick forest :smile:

Cheers

10. DINNER!!!!!:eek: :eek: :eek: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

11. Thanks for sharing. Liked the rodent photo. Looks tasty..