1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Laptop Hood? Anyone know of a good one?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by actionshooter, Aug 11, 2009.

1. actionshooter

actionshooter

Aug 26, 2008
    NY
    I'm anticipating having to do some work on my laptop during a long road trip coming up. Does anyone have a good laptop hood that they use/know of? I've found this one: Hoodman and it looks alright, but I can't tell from the picture if you can see the full screen easy enough. Thoughts anyone?

2. I haven't used hoods in a while, mainly because they are somewhat cumbersome. (At least for me.)

FWIW, I actually prefer the privacy filter that 3M produces. It has both a gloss and matte finish. I've used it in both sun and shade with no real washout when checking email and word processing.

Good luck in your search!

3. knut

knut

Aug 25, 2005
    Norway
  4. McGunnigle

McGunnigle

Jul 13, 2009
    northwest
    when do you all use these shades? Do you use them to hide what you are looking at or for the sun?

5. tom500

tom500

Oct 24, 2008
    Grand Rapids
    This is SO weird...

I have that same Hoodman shade that you are inquiring about - couldn't find the dang thing for almost a year. Well, today - about an hour ago - I found it under my back seat in my truck.

To answer your question it works good. I can't use it any longer since I just upgraded to a 17" portable.

If you would like to discuss working out a deal send me a private message. I can make you a very sweet deal.

Tom

6. actionshooter

actionshooter

Aug 26, 2008
    NY
    Thanks for the replies. I ordered one of the Hoodman ones this morning. Should be here tomorrow. It honestly isn't something that I'll find myself using a ton, but every once in awhile I need to do some editing/work in the car and can't really do it unless it is at night. I'm hoping this helps. I'll find out on Thursday as I have a 5 hour trip and will have some pictures to look through and edit.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.