Large spider.

Discussion in 'Macro, Flowers, Insects, and Greenery' started by kramp, May 11, 2005.

1. The legs fit about a two and a half inch circle, found her on a board I was carrying from the shed, glad I didn't squish her against my neck!

Very tiny eyes on these spiders so they don't show up well.

21797472-L.

Martin

2. Martin, fantastic shot!!! Great details and perfect DoF. I really like this one. :-D

3. Superb shot and awesome perspective!
    Wouldn't have expected less from you. :wink:

4. I must say that is a very good shot with good perspective and one that I certainly could not take for I would have stepped on the thing long before I grabbed my camera. Sorry, I just hate spiders (but your pic is excellent). :)

5. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Excellent shot Martin. Nice to have the extra working distance of the 200 macro on this one for sure. 8)

6. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    ICKKKKKK!!!!!! I cannot stand spiders. I've got the creepy crawlies just from looking at this! That's a fine shot you took there Martin. Although I expect no less from you!

7. Thanks for all the great comments, I wasn't sure about this one because I couldn't get a strong focal point on it.

Martin

8. Really great DOF on this fantastic shot Martin. This looks like an aracnaphobics worst nightmare.

9. Gives me the willys!!! There is one thing I cannot stand and it's SPIDERS!! I will say that is a good shot!!! :D :D :D

10. jfrancis

jfrancis

May 8, 2005
    Orlando, FL
    That's a heck of a shot. Would look pretty scary as a big print :shock:

11. Now that is a cool shot martin!!! Like the DOF and blue background, did you use any lighting for this??

12. Hi Keith, I used two flashes with mini softboxes, the blue background is water color paper painted with the wifes water color paints, its a nice matte surface I use a bigger one for the humming birds, its easy to change and add to I just slop some more paint on and it can even be rinsed off.

The base is a slate tile I picked up at Home Depot, it makes a nice natural looking platform to place things on.

Martin

13. Martin,

That is one big spider. Great shot! Love the perspective and depth of field. How did you get it to stay still long enough to get the shot???

14. Thanks Dennis, she was very docile but would make a break for it once in a while, I would just place a container overtop and she would settle down again.

Martin