Larry and Marilyn

Discussion in 'Annual Alabama Sessions' started by rbsmith, Apr 2, 2007.

1. rbsmith

rbsmith

Apr 13, 2005
    Saltillo, Ms
    I noticed that I had several shots of Larry and Marilyn. So I thought that I would post a dedicated thread. Feel free to add your shot of them together if you have any.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    What a great series of shots of two great people! Larry and Marilyn are both extremely delightful people. We really enjoyed meeting them this year. Thanks for sharing these photos of them, Rex.

3. What a nice looking couple.

4. great thread!!

5. What a beautiful couple! Hope I get to meet ya'll next year!

6. Terrific photos of a terrific couple! :smile:

7. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Rex,

You have truly captured what made this years' event so enjoyable. I sort of knew from his posts that Larry was a pretty cool guy, but meeting him in person was a real treat. Meeting and getting to know Marilyn just showed me why. What a special lady, and an extra special couple. :smile:

8. Nice set, Rex. What a good looking couple!

9. Very nice Rex, these sure capture the essence of this fine couple.

10. Wonder what that young chick sees in that old coot?
    :smile: :smile: :smile:

Thanks Rex, and don't forget to tell that tripod dealer that you heard about from Tim Ernst.

Larry "old coot"

11. Here is one from the North side of the dam Sunday morning:
    140812673-L.

12. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Super images.

13. rbsmith

rbsmith

Apr 13, 2005
    Saltillo, Ms
    Thanks everyone for looking and commenting.

We all get lucky somtimes, Larry:biggrin:

Thanks for adding the picture, Mason. Great shot.

14. Great idea Rex, Larry and Marilyn are such wonderful people!
    Here is my contribution to your thread: Marilyn, early Sunday at the dam - she is a trooper!

Nikkor Ai-S 300mm f/2.8
    original.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 5, 2007
  15. What a wonderful series. Larry, you must have done something really terrific in life to end up with such a great woman! :biggrin: :wink: A very handsome couple!

16. rbsmith

rbsmith

Apr 13, 2005
    Saltillo, Ms
    She sure was. Along with Connie and Marissa. Notice there are no pictures of Alice or Hannah at the Duck Pond or dam. They were sleeping soundly at the Fairfield.

17. Marilyn has gone to bed. I will show her these tomorrow afternoon. She is a trooper.

If there is any bad news it is that this trip has me looking at having to double my kit. She was not happy that she did not have the reach of my 600.

I suppose a fellow could have worse problems?
    :smile: :smile: :smile:

18. cknight

cknight

May 2, 2005
    Madison, AL
    Larry, just let her have the 600. Then get the Sigma 200-500/2.8 when it comes out. With the included TC, you would have a 1000mm :Smoking: .

19. Chris, I was using the 1.4 with the 600mm. Had one heck of time keeping anything flying in the view finder. Thanks for the tip.
    :smile:

20. "gets on knees" - Larry, will you marry me??? (talk about "worse problems" :eek: :eek: ).
    Seriously now :tongue: : spoil that lady with that lens already Larry (as if you need me to tell you that), she's such a fine person.