Larry's 12 Month Thread for 2016 - December images added on 12/19

Not much photography for February. Here are some birds from around our home and one picture of the moon. The moon image was made using a telescope (150mm f8 reflector) I recently purchased. You will probably see more images take with it during the year as I figure out how to use it with a camera.

i-xsmH2Bw-XL.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

i-7RR8vn9-XL.jpg

i-9tx6Brw-XL.jpg

i-5jVLL5n-XL.jpg
Nice series Larry. The birds are really nice looking little creatures. Good captures. Love the moon shot.

Larry, your bird pictures are excellent. I especially like #3 because of the "environmental" aspect showing so much background detail but still having strong focal point with the bird. I also really like how you've handled the one with the feeder.
Regarding the moon picture, it is really good too. Very detailed. Can't wait to see what else you come up with through that telescope.

Here are a few images from a place called Daniel's Park. It is a small park just south of our home. The park has a wonderful overlook to the west and is a great place for viewing the mountains west of the Denver metro area. That morning it was very windy and the cloud cover was very heavy to the east but there was a nice section of open sky between the overlook and the mountains. The mountains were getting snow, but it did not move into our area.

1. HDR image cropped as a pano. View to the northwest.
i-VndMJKf-X2.jpg

2. HDR image cropped as a pano. View to the south. The small building is an open shelter with a fireplace.
i-Hf9W3CW-X2.jpg

3. Stitched pano. View to the west.
i-fzXKqb3-X2.jpg

really nice set, like the pano in #3

Not much photography for February. Here are some birds from around our home and one picture of the moon. The moon image was made using a telescope (150mm f8 reflector) I recently purchased. You will probably see more images take with it during the year as I figure out how to use it with a camera.

i-xsmH2Bw-XL.jpg

i-7RR8vn9-XL.jpg

i-9tx6Brw-XL.jpg

i-5jVLL5n-XL.jpg

join the club feb was a write off here as well, love the moon, looking forward to how you get along with the telescope

Thanks Les. Hopefully March will be better for both of us. I have wanted a telescope for a long time and I found this one used. It is a different world taking images with it, but I finding it interesting.

Good-looking set of the small birds Larry. #3 does it best for me as well.

I always seem to struggle with the small birds, yours look great. Just curious - which lens/ camera and how close is the feeder to where you shot the images?

Looking forward to seeing what you do this year with that telescope. :D

Good-looking set of the small birds Larry. #3 does it best for me as well.

I always seem to struggle with the small birds, yours look great. Just curious - which lens/ camera and how close is the feeder to where you shot the images?

Looking forward to seeing what you do this year with that telescope. :D

Thanks Gordon. I took the bird images with a D300 with an old 400mm f2.8 AFI lens and a Nikon 1.7 TC. The setup was tripod mounted on a gamble head. If the light is good I still like the D300. The birds at the feeder were about 40 feet away. The one in the blue spruce was about 50 feet and it was cropped a bit. The one in the branches (3rd) was about 80 to 90 feet away and it was cropped quite a bit.

Thanks Gordon. I took the bird images with a D300 with an old 400mm f2.8 AFI lens and a Nikon 1.7 TC. The setup was tripod mounted on a gamble head. If the light is good I still like the D300. The birds at the feeder were about 40 feet away. The one in the blue spruce was about 50 feet and it was cropped a bit. The one in the branches (3rd) was about 80 to 90 feet away and it was cropped quite a bit.

Thanks Larry. LOL I don't have enough lens for my backyard.

My wife had a painting workshop in Sedona, AZ, and I got to tag along. It was a lot of fun. These images are from a shopping center in Sedona that is built to look like a Mexican village. The shops are very interesting, and it is a fun place to walk around.

i-PLMHXp7-XL.jpg

i-mF6v3SX-XL.jpg

i-9Bc8BcJ-XL.jpg

i-3HfZKGs-XL.jpg

Definitely looks like a great spot to visit, and your pictures are very nice - especially the first one.

Sure looks nicer there than it is here right now (windy and raining, and I have a week off work :( )

Definitely looks like a great spot to visit, and your pictures are very nice - especially the first one.

Sure looks nicer there than it is here right now (windy and raining, and I have a week off work :( )
Thanks Andy. We left a day early to avoid snow in Denver and while we were gone a second storm moved in with lots of snow.

My wife had a painting workshop in Sedona, AZ, and I got to tag along. It was a lot of fun. These images are from a shopping center in Sedona that is built to look like a Mexican village. The shops are very interesting, and it is a fun place to walk around.

i-PLMHXp7-XL.jpg

i-mF6v3SX-XL.jpg

i-9Bc8BcJ-XL.jpg

i-3HfZKGs-XL.jpg

really like these larry, thanks for the update

Nice work Larry - when I started reading Sedona, I immediately thought red rocks. I like the set. Shows a side of Sedona that many don't see due to the mass of red rock photos. Kinda looks like a more modern version of Old Town Albuquerque, and I agree with the others about it looking like a neat spot to roam.

Nice work Larry - when I started reading Sedona, I immediately thought red rocks. I like the set. Shows a side of Sedona that many don't see due to the mass of red rock photos. Kinda looks like a more modern version of Old Town Albuquerque, and I agree with the others about it looking like a neat spot to roam.
Thanks Gordo. I stayed away from the red rock images on purpose. I thought something a bit different would be good. It is s fun place but you need to get there early before most of the shops open. The place does get busy.

April in the Denver area can be very nice or heavy snow. Here are three images showing the spring like weather. Two weeks ago we had about 20 inches of snow at our home.Looks like we will get some more this weekend.

i-X7zm4J6-XL.jpg

i-csTZ4Nr-XL.jpg

i-jL9QW2z-XL.jpg

Latest threads

Top Bottom