Larry's 12 Month Thread for 2016 - December images added on 12/19

I will play with the monthly thread again for 2016. For this year I will do about the same as for the last couple of years. I will concentrate mostly on landscapes with some structures, wildlife and probably more macro images. The images will be straight photographs, with some HDRs and stitched panos. This will let me concentrate on what I enjoy the most and will help me refine my work.

I am looking forward to seeing others work. I think it will be another fun year.

I've really enjoyed following your photographs and am looking forward to a 2016 series. Glad you're hanging in there.

Here are a few images from a place called Daniel's Park. It is a small park just south of our home. The park has a wonderful overlook to the west and is a great place for viewing the mountains west of the Denver metro area. That morning it was very windy and the cloud cover was very heavy to the east but there was a nice section of open sky between the overlook and the mountains. The mountains were getting snow, but it did not move into our area.

1. HDR image cropped as a pano. View to the northwest.
i-VndMJKf-X2.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

2. HDR image cropped as a pano. View to the south. The small building is an open shelter with a fireplace.
i-Hf9W3CW-X2.jpg

3. Stitched pano. View to the west.
i-fzXKqb3-X2.jpg

Thanks Kim. We have been in the Denver area since 1995. We came from the Seattle area and the plan was to return after four years. After a few months we fell in love with Colorado and decided to stay.

Larry, I think I can feel a chill from here. How was the temp?

+1 on the comments for #3. I'll bet the morning light on those mountains is spectacular under the right conditions.

Larry, I think I can feel a chill from here. How was the temp?

+1 on the comments for #3. I'll bet the morning light on those mountains is spectacular under the right conditions.
Thanks Gordo. It was in the upper 20's with a stiff wind. You are the light, it can really be nice.

Not much photography for February. Here are some birds from around our home and one picture of the moon. The moon image was made using a telescope (150mm f8 reflector) I recently purchased. You will probably see more images take with it during the year as I figure out how to use it with a camera.

i-xsmH2Bw-XL.jpg

i-7RR8vn9-XL.jpg

i-9tx6Brw-XL.jpg

i-5jVLL5n-XL.jpg

Latest threads

Top Bottom