Las Vegas cliches

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by Philippe Roger, Feb 10, 2005.

1. I shot those on a trip to Las Vegas recently with a couple of friends. While the ladies enjoyed their spa moment, I escaped with the D70, 17-55DX and a polarizing filter.

Shot in RAW mode, converted with ACR (I alternate between Capture and ACR for some reason...), then applied the PTLens plug-in to fix the barrel distortion followed by the PTPerspective plug-in from PanoTools, playing with the rotation angles until it looked "right"...

Bellagio
    15095120-L.

New York, New York
    15095125-L-1.

There are more in the gallery "Las Vegas" under Travel on my web site.

2. You gotta love Las Vegas and it's interesting and colorful buildings. Nicely done Philippe. What's interesting is that I live just an hour and a half from there and have never taken even one picture of the city. You might have inspired me to get off my duff and try some. Thanks.

3. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    Isn't saying LV cliches kinda redundant? The whole city is cliche! You've caught it's character nicely with these two photos. The last time I went, I had more fun at Hoover Dam than in the city itself, but I'm sure it would have been the other way if I had won :p

4. PGB

PGB

Jan 25, 2005
    Like Chris I loved the Hoover Dam. LV is fun too but the dam is a wonder of the world to me. I doubt that we could recreate something like that today in the amount of time they did it in.

I don't gamble so I stayed at a non gambling resort the last time I was there for the National Assoc. of Broadcasters convention. The street with the covered lighted awning was pretty spectacular.

Thanks for posting these wonderful pics. Make me want to go back.