Last 4 *individual* studio portrait shots

I tell you, without the "customer", my brother-in-law, here to assist in selecting the shots to edit, which, btw, were slim pickins at best, this was quite a bit more work than I bargained for, but isn't that usually the case? I've already printed them, so no changes will be made, but any and all comment, be they positive or negative, would still be appreciated.
All shot w/D2X/28-70 f2.8 + Alien Bees.

Ryan, 16:

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Rachel, 14:

Haley, 5:

Miranda, 5:

Steve great looking work. The shadow/light ratio on the picture of Ryan is a little stronger then I like. The ratio on Rachel looks great to me. On the picture of Miranda I can't tell if that's fake tattoo or a birthmark. It's not a birthmark I would have PS it off her hand.

Cool work with the D2x and the BEAST

Chris,

It's a strand of attached hair....;-)

Steve,

These are excellent. I'm so envious of you folks that can actually take people pics. They and their mom (your sis?) should be extremely pleased.

Regards,

Thnx guys, & I see the hair and "tattoo"

I don't know why I don't see this stuff when I'm editing! I was supposed to clone out that tat, and the hair strand got messed up when I was "deshining" his forehead! Thansk for pointing them out! Guess I'm totally concentrating on other stuff, and can't see the forest for the trees!

Good thing I didn't use this one then! (pic)

F15Todd said:
Steve great looking work. The shadow/light ratio on the picture of Ryan is a little stronger then I like. The ratio on Rachel looks great to me. On the picture of Miranda I can't tell if that's fake tattoo or a birthmark. It's not a birthmark I would have PS it off her hand.

Cool work with the D2x and the BEAST

Todd, for a guy, I like a greater ratio than when I'm doing a woman's portrait. I actually like this one very much, but didn't think sis would appreciate it! Bet Ryan will though! Bet he'll want to show it off to all his new young ladies! Whatcha think?

Very nice portraits. It's a shame the boy's hair "do" messed up what would otherwise be a very hansome portrait. (I raised three sons, I know. It's no use talking to them. I'm convinced all men have caca for brains until they get to the mid-thirties) :(

All three made it though though...great wives...super kids. There's hope for the human race yet!

Rich :D

Re: Thnx guys, & I see the hair and "tattoo"

Steve S said:
I don't know why I don't see this stuff when I'm editing! I was supposed to clone out that tat, and the hair strand got messed up when I was "deshining" his forehead! Thansk for pointing them out! Guess I'm totally concentrating on other stuff, and can't see the forest for the trees!
Steve, I really like what you've done to recover from the shine on the forehead, being a sufferer of shiny forehead myself, I am interested in the technique you use to resuscitate it.

Well Chad, I wish I had some magic formula,

but I don't. I'm sure many more advanced PS'ers would say do a layer mask to start off with, but I'm not at that level yet. What I did was actually selcet an adjacent non-shiny color, and paint it in using a low opacity. Also employed my Healing brush and a bit of cloning as well. Took me forever, where if done right, prob'y could've been done in a few minutes. Did somebody say "MAKEUP"!

Re: Well Chad, I wish I had some magic formula,

Steve S said:
but I don't. I'm sure many more advanced PS'ers would say do a layer mask to start off with, but I'm not at that level yet. What I did was actually selcet an adjacent non-shiny color, and paint it in using a low opacity. Also employed my Healing brush and a bit of cloning as well. Took me forever, where if done right, prob'y could've been done in a few minutes. Did somebody say "MAKEUP"!
That is the same method I employ - it takes forever. I'll have the image blown up to 400% and fixing every oily pore - I am rather put off by the process at this point.

My fave is Haley's pic too

Luckynp said:
Steve, I like them all very much, but my favourite is Haley.
In fact, while at Mother's Day dinner, I commenting to Papa, that hers was my fave out of the bunch! Thanks for looking and commenting! btw, "Mom", ie my sis, was absolutely thrilled with the results!

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom