Last Dollar Road, Telluride, CO

With a severe drought most of the summer here in CO, the wildfires have been persistent. The hazy sunset is a reminder of the harsh environment out here. Fall colors are already beginning to show and I am curious to see how the lack of water will effect the changing leaves.

_TJM8145-X3.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Ouch, that doesn't look good. I've driven that road several times and the scenery always looked better than that.

Im hoping it will in a couple of weeks. Its supposed to storm the next week so maybe that will help with the colors

Yup, it's "making lemonade" time our west right now. I can't even see across our street.

:D

That forest doesn’t appear to be healthy. Haze looks a lot better than what we have here, other than walking to my mailbox I haven’t left the house in over a week. Had some recent lung problems - pneumonia was one of them - Dr advised me to breathe as little outside air possible, running the a/c round the clock.

That forest doesn’t appear to be healthy. Haze looks a lot better than what we have here, other than walking to my mailbox I haven’t left the house in over a week. Had some recent lung problems - pneumonia was one of them - Dr advised me to breathe as little outside air possible, running the a/c round the clock.

I'm going out in a bit. We've improved from Very unhealthy to moderate today. Yesterday Clarkston had the worst air in the country! Glad it's down hill aways :) We put in central air this summer and we are so glad. Very few of the older homes up here have AC.

I'm going out in a bit. We've improved from Very unhealthy to moderate today. Yesterday Clarkston had the worst air in the country! Glad it's down hill aways :) We put in central air this summer and we are so glad. Very few of the older homes up here have AC.
Heading out too, I need some stuff from the store. I can snipits of blue sky thru the haze. One positive aspect of being home bound is I'm playing with various settings in the D850. It's a really nice camera.

This is a place I would love to visit, maybe in the fall. We usually go to either the Tetons or the Canadian Rockies that time of the year but we need to spread our wings a bit. Unfortunately for us here in Seattle, all that smoke has moved west and the air quality here the past few days has been at the extreme levels. No fun at all. Should be better the next few days as a storm moves in.

Latest threads

Top Bottom