Last LAX...

Discussion in 'Sports Photography' started by Aqualung, Jun 18, 2007.

1. Well, my youngest daughter's LAX season is finally over, they participated in a LAX Jamboree this past weekend. The sad part is that w/ weekends free, I no longer have any excuses and have to start scraping my house for painting :Depressed

A few shots from the games....C&C are welcome as always....Finally a game w/out those reflective uniforms!!!

I typically shoot Manual, for the TC was at f5.6, and then f4 usually for the others. Tone -1 (thanks Mike Mac), High Saturation and High in-camera sharpening...jpg only.

Had my 1.7TC on for this one...
    game-01.

Ditto...
    game-02.

game-03.

game-04.

game-05.

game-06.

game-07.

2. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    These are real nice Chris, nice and tight with good action. I've seen so much LAX action here, I'm so jealous. I'm going to find some LAX to shoot in my area.

3. Oldtime

Oldtime

Jul 5, 2006
    Durham, NC
    Nice shots Chris--great colors and action
    I have a few more opportunities this summer
    State games next week and Travel tournaments in July

4. Bigmuddy

Bigmuddy

Feb 28, 2007
    Ohio
    Nice shots Chris, I like the skit tones and the action. They dont have LAX around me but it sure looks fun to shoot.

5. Thanks everyone, much appreciated. I've been able to learn quite a bit w/ folks like Mike Mac and Frank presenting their shots, I've definitely cropped tighter than I used to!

Cheers,

6. GBRandy

GBRandy

Feb 28, 2006
    Green Bay, WI
    Never understood that game...but some great shots just the same.

7. Hey Chris,

Very nice shooting there. I especially like the even lighting. Makes you wish everyday shooting was like that. Nice action to boot.

8. Thanks Tyrone & Randy...I started shooting it this spring and it took awhile to understand. Field hockey is even "worse" w/ all the whistles, that'll be in the fall...

9. Well done. Excellent stuff here.

10. Thanks very much Anthony!