Last lens test before going to Fla.

Discussion in 'Birds' started by Steve S, Mar 31, 2005.

1. Steve S

Steve S

Feb 1, 2005
    SE Florida
    Didn't realise I had the ISO on 640 til I got it in NC4. Entirely processed from raw to jpg, on my laptop, cropped & saved as jpg in NC, straight out of the box using WW curve. Look ok?
    original.
    Nikon D70
    Focal Length: 112mm
    Optimize Image: Custom
    Color Mode: Mode Ia (sRGB)
    Long Exposure NR: Off
    2005/03/31 18:04:44.2
    Exposure Mode: Aperture Priority
    White Balance: Auto -3
    Tone Comp.: User-Defined Custom Curve
    Compressed RAW (12-bit)
    Metering Mode: Center-Weighted
    AF Mode: AF-S
    Hue Adjustment: 0°
    Image Size: Large (3008 x 2000)
    1/1250 sec - F/8
    Flash Sync Mode: Not Attached
    Saturation: Normal
    Exposure Comp.: -0.3 EV
    Sharpening: Medium high
    Lens: 28-200mm F/3.5-5.6 G
    Sensitivity: ISO 640
    Auto Flash Comp: 0 EV.jpg

2. The d70 and an inexpensive lens gives a lot of bang for the buck if you know what you're doing. Have you ever
    looked at a nice shot like this and wondered why you bothered spending the extra $10,000 on pro gear? :wink:

I think you're ready for Florida.

3. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Uh, Steve....most photog's that I know would love to get shots as good as this one.

I think that you are ready. 8)

Have a safe, fun trip. :lol:

Frank

4. Steve S

Steve S

Feb 1, 2005
    SE Florida
    Thanks guys, I am going to make one concession

Ya "Uncle" :lol: it does make 1 wonder about all that high dollar glass, doesn't it :-/ I did stop it down a few to get the sharpest sweet spot of the lens. Just hope 200mm is long enough for stuff @Busch Gardens.
    After chatting w/Ron R about getting aquarium shots, I decided to also take the 17-55DX 2.8, instead of the 50 1.8, like I originally planned. He thinks I'll need a wider FOV to be able to shoot right up against the glass and capture all of the fish. Is he ever wrong? Uhh, don't think so.... not very often anyway. I'll be hanging around here at home til Mon morning, after that, I'll be checking back here from The Residence Inn in Brandon, where me & the boys'll be for a week.

5. That is the cutest little dawg!!! hehehehehe!!!

6. Steve, I left a msg on you cell phone days ago. Been busy, my wife has been in the hospital all week. Will try to contact you again. When are you going to be down here?

7. Excellent shot of your little guy. Lighting is really nice. Hope you have fun in Florida.

8. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    The little Bun Bun girl.. Still cute as can be
    Have a great vacation.