Last Light on Mt. Hood

Wish I could find a parking lot with that view :biggrin:. Not prone to using this type of language but - Awesome!!

I Love it :cool:!!

I really like it as it is, although I might be tempted with a little D&B to introduce just a touch more detail/lightness in the foreground areas where the snow lies - but then again maybe not :confused:

Even the clouds were mimicking the shapes of the slopes... Everything works in this shot. An excellent photo!

Tri:smile:

Wow! Thanks everyone for the kind words.
To Tony, the foreground show was kind of ugly from skiers and melting but I can see how maybe it is all a bit dark.
To Mike, yep Timberline, just had to walk up and make the picture.
Thanks for looking everyone!

That is just stunning! Well done. Can you tell us a little about the technical aspects of the shot?
Thank you! Is there anything in particular you would like to find out? In short, shot with D300s with the only lens I have, 24mm 2.8. Then I used ACR in Photoshop to create the mood I was after. Then a tiny bit of sharpening. That's about it really. But if you have more specific questions I can try to answer them.
Thanks!

....To Tony, the foreground show was kind of ugly from skiers and melting but I can see how maybe it is all a bit dark....
Tim, IMO the image works beautifully just as you presented it and does not necessarily require any further work.

My thoughts about the possibility of lightening certain parts of the image were based on the fact I could see texture in the foreground snow - no idea that these were from skiers so perhaps not such a good idea as it would spoil some of the mystery of the image!

Anyway if it was my capture it would be printed large and on the wall by now :smile:

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom