Last Light with the D700 and 24-70

Discussion in 'Macro, Flowers, Insects, and Greenery' started by beaucamera, Aug 2, 2008.

1. I love photographing late in the day when the last tinges of sunlight start to fade.

Having a new camera and lens, yes, my 24-70 arrived late this afternoon too.
    No excuses not to dig in!

Boy, that 24-700 is a beauty. It's the only lens I have where I find myself wanting to stare at the glass!

Virginia
    aka beaucamera

D700 with 24-70mm f/2.8
    101067073.jpg

Here's another done with the D700 and 70-200VR done yesterday.
    101031078.jpg

2. I had the opportunity yesterday of working with that combo (D700 and 24-70 f2.8) and till now I have not seen better results.
    The D700 is a great tool and the lens in my opinion is sharper than the Canon counterpart.
    I saw wedding photographs shot with this set and I could not believe my eyes.
    Congratulations on your new tools and you certainly have a most beautiful gallery.
    William Rodriguez
    Miami, Florida.

3. Virginia, I think the 24-70 fits in my hands better than the Beast (and I don't have particularly small hands).
    Good start.

BTW - I like that typo
    That would be some lens :biggrin:

Cheers

4. exactly. was just wishing for something like that again yesterday. 1.4 with VR as well and 77mm filters

5. artona

artona

Jul 9, 2008
    UK
    Hi

Boy, that 24-700 is a beauty. wish it wasn't a typo - what a lens that would be. Nice shots, well done

stew

6. nice shots
    i love the 24-70
    it's such a wonderful lens

congrats to you
    can't wait to see many more images

7. Many thanks, William.
    I knew when I started using a full frame camera that the right lenses were a must.

Ah, gees, Harry...you would catch that!
    The combo of the D700 and 24-70 is a bit heavier than I thought it would be.

That certainly would be an incredible combination!

Thanks, Stew
    We can dream, can't we!

Thanks, Greg.
    BTW, I loved your post showing the respective sizes of the 70-200, 300 and 200-400.

Virginia
    aka beaucamera

8. I'm as green as the image in your shot. I've heard so much about the 24-70.
    One day ...