Last One Standing

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by gbenic, Sep 3, 2005.

1. I like this concept. How can I make it better?

[​IMG]

2. Greg: Nice image. I like the suggestion of movement in it.

Two suggestions: First, a tighter crop. Cut out the side of the image. Second, is there a way to get rid of the wires in the background? Can you take the image from the other side?

Gil

3. Gil:

Thanks for your comments. I am trying not to crop the image but instead fill the frame with my subject. Naturally this only works if I am printing a 4x6 (which this would be). If I crop it for an 8x10, the sides would show less space. Less space would be there if it were cropped for wallpaper as well. I will take a look at this.

As far as shooting from the other side, instead of wires, I would see road. I guess I will have to clone them out. Or perhaps a higher perspective. Maybe I can stand on the roof of the truck and they would be gone. I will take a look at doing that too.

Thanks for getting me thinking.

4. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Greg,
    What were you trying to show...last one standing...last what :>)))

I often See a landscape type image, take the picture, bring it up on screen and it then makes no sense to me. Thats not what I saw. Darn.

Delete. Then wonder how to shoot the same again to try to convey what I saw. Have a real hard time with that.

Since we see the "whole" picture through full vision of our eyes, sides etc. I can't figure out exactly what the camera sees, or how it will look. Guess thats why I do not do very many landscape type images like this.

This makes for a great discussion.

5. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    Hi Greg!

If what you want is to depict the mown down cornfield with the eight standing stalks, an do not mind to lose the fields and horizon line behind them - try reshooting from a much lower angle. Then the wires will be low, behind the stubble, and the stalks will have sky for background.

Cloning out wires like that is tedious.

6. That's an interesting idea. I will try that as well. Thanks.

7. The last corn stalks that were "missed" against the harvested field.

This is one of my problems as well. I am glad that the people on this forum are helping me to "see" better. If I can shoot the picture again, I will try everyone's advice to see what works for me.

8. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    awww I took ONE leterally :>)))

DUH Sorry about that.

But like cris's idea....Shoot low and rid the back ground.

I also thought if cropped. The last ONE standing was the building peeking through the corn stalks.

Boy are minds sure think different don't they.

9. Instead of shooting from the side of the standing stalks I would like to see this shot with them receding into the distance. This would be effective with a long DOF or you might try it with a short DOF, focusing on the center of the standing stalks and with the fist and last stalks going out of focus.