Last Photo Trip to the Venice Rookery for 2005

Yesterday I went up to the Venice Rookery again to see how the babies were growing. It's my last trip until February of 2006.

Here are a few shots that I got yesterday and remember 'it's the thought that counts and not the processing',

Best to you,

Gaye

Nesting Snowy Egret

18896940-L.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Baby Anhinga practicing the wing drying

18896942-L.jpg

Great Blue Heron teenage chick trying the wings but not yet flying

18896944-L.jpg

18896945-L-1.jpg

Anhinga

18953352-L.jpg

Two teenage Great Glue Heron chicks patiently waiting for food

18948598-L-1.jpg

Gaye,

You are getting better with each outing. These are really good shots. I'd really like to come down there next year and shoot these guys. Maybe by then I can afford a 500 or 600 f4.... :roll:

Regards,

Frank

Hi Frank,

Let's plan for mid to late February. The rookery rocks in Feb and March. We could do Ding Darling too. Certainly lots here to shoot.

I hope it works out for a group to come here. The rookery is amazing and you just stand there and shoot the wonderful babes and families... I've been up there five times in Feb and March..that's it for this year and now going back to Ding Darling on Wednesday.

Thanks for you nice comments,

Best to you,
Gaye

Very nice images Gaye, you obviously have found a great place to photograph birds and are making the best of it. Excellent series of shots.

Hi Gordon,

I have so much to learn about all this..taking and processing the pictures consumes my thoughts.

I won't go back to the rookery this year but my area is filled with places to visit. Ding Darling Sanctuary is 35 minutes away so that's my next stop.

While taking these pictures Monday I kept my back at a strange angle for two hours looking through my viewfinder and now my fused back is screaming for help... Not a good situation for a few days. OUCH!

Thanks for you nice comments. I know each time I go I'll learn something new and I look forward to those experiences..

My best to you,

Gaye

When will you start your travels with the choir that you'll be working with?

GeeJay said:
Hi Gordon,
While taking these pictures Monday I kept my back at a strange angle for two hours looking through my viewfinder and now my fused back is screaming for help... Not a good situation for a few days. OUCH!

When will you start your travels with the choir that you'll be working with?

Sorry about your back Gaye. Staying flexible at our age is one of life's challenges. Time cures all ills.

As to the choir, that still remains to be seen as this was not a firm offer but meerly an expressed disire on the part of the choir leader. I did make $1000 on the last photo shoot and their public relations director has already contacted me for more at a yet to be named concert.

Hi Gaye!

Sorry to hear about your back, I can empathize with you on that! :cry:

Lovely shots, looks like a good crop this year. You did really well, congrats!!!

Hi George,

Being a pharmacist you must know the very best 'over the counter' goodie to rub on the bad back... There must be something magic out there. Let me know if you really do know of something miraculous and thanks for the nice comment about the birds shots.

Best to you,
Gaye

Hi Mike,

Just put it in your plans to get down here next winter. That would be great!

Thanks,

Gaye

Nice stuff Gaye,

I put up a couple Baby Ahingas did you see them.

That Snowy is so nice and So is the teenage, lol , GBH.

Nice shots.

Thanks for sharing.

This is tough stuff to do Gaye.

Would love to have a shoot over there about the second week of April.

Cheers Gal
Keep up the good work.

Hi Gale,

Thanks very much for your nice comments.

I did see your Anhinga babes and know you loved finding them in your viewfinder. What a treat for you and us.

We'll plan something for next March because the rookery is too good to pass up at that time. It's best in late Feb and March.

Those pictures cost me my back this week but worth it for sure!

Thanks again and best to you!

Gaye

Latest threads

Top Bottom