Critique Last vestiges of monsoon

It's been a busy summer and I only just got a chance to go shooting for the first time in months. Luckily there was still some drama going on with the last bits of monsoon still upon us.

#1: This took some patience to get
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

#2: last shot of the day/night

#3:

#4:

As always, CC are greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Dave

Butlerkid

Cafe Ambassador
Real Name
Karen
Delightful images, and that first one is stunning!!!!! Have you thought about cropping it just above the car-lit road? That composition makes an even more dramatic image, IMHO.

Either way, extremely well done!

#1...Fantastic! But I think the light streak at the lower left take attention from the main scene. A panorama type crop excluding the bright streak might work well.

I do see what you guys mean, and I had originally thought about it (I may still do a version like that) but I really wanted to have the city lights with the lightning and then the dark mountains and this thin ribbon of light at the bottom so there was both natural and manmade light bringing light into darkness.

Thanks,

Dave

I love it the way it (#1) is.
Number one is such an amazing shot, very well done! Wall hanger for sure. I’m impressed!!
Great images!
Thanks. It was a surprisingly fruitful day of shooting given how spur of the moment it was and given the fact that we're moving into a less dramatic time of year with respect to weather (obviously we weren't there yet that day).

Dave

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom