Last years vacation

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by ponykilr, Jun 8, 2007.

1. ponykilr

May 23, 2007
    I am planning this year's vacation so I dug out some from last year. These are from various places in the Great Smokies between Pidgen Forge, Cades Cove and Cherokee.

I was only about 25 feet from the little wild black bear, but she had cubs and let me know to vacate the area with a "woof". I obliged.:wink:

View attachment 99616

View attachment 99617

View attachment 99618
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 11, 2007

Apr 30, 2005
    Nice set of images. I bet your bear encounter was a lot of fun :)

3. Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Excellent images.
    Finally some water that looks like water:>))

I am one of those ...I hate silky water..
  4. tech1961

Jan 28, 2007
    Houston Tx.
    Nice pictures.
  5. Terri French

Terri French

May 5, 2005
    Very nice photos. Looks like you had a marvelous vacation. We had an encounter with a black bear a couple of days ago. Stupid me--I got out of the way instead of taking a photo!:biggrin:

BTW, if you hit a hard return after adding the link to each photo, you will get a space between your pictures. It helps us to see them better and enjoy them more if they aren't touching each other.
  6. ponykilr

May 23, 2007
    Thanks for the remarks folks.:smile:

The little bear was around 200lbs and was pretty easy going for the most part. She let me get in between her and the cubs for a few shots and she really didnt pay much attention to me. Then for this shot I was a lot closer and when the camera clicked, she looked at me, popped her jaws, stomped her front feet and "woofed" at me.

I hollered at my 11 year old fearless daughter to skeedattle and I was right behind her. It was great fun.

I like the pics to touch better myself, but if most do not then I am happy to oblige. Cheers, Paul