Late afternoon Osprey...

Discussion in 'Birds' started by Backdoctor, Sep 10, 2005.

1. now that I'm home where there is sunshine :rolleyes: , I was able to use some of the golden hour to shoot some osprey. All shots are with the D2H, 300 f4 with 1.4x , handheld:

original.
    original.
    original.

2. PGB

PGB

Jan 25, 2005
    Yowza Harris! These are great.

I'm really torn between the second and the last. You really make that combo sing. Excellent in all aspects.

Thanks for sharing.

3. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    I have to agree with Patrick on these Harris. I love the lighting, and they are sharp as a tack. Absolutely awesome!! :smile:

My only question is, where did you hide these guys when I was down there?? :rolleyes:

4. HarryB

HarryB

Jan 28, 2005
    Viera, Florida
    Hey Harris,

What a difference a little bit of light makes. Outstanding shots.

5. bfjr

bfjr Guest

Sweet light, Sweet shots

6. cknight

cknight

May 2, 2005
    Madison, AL
    Nice shots Harris. I think I like the last one best. Something about he upswept wings makes it look more actiony (if that's not a word, it is now :wink: ).

7. Harris, I think we should call you the Osprey King...these are awesome, but that last one is perfection!

8. Harris these are terrific as your osprey pictures always are. The light is so nice.

9. Steve S

Steve S

Feb 1, 2005
    SE Florida
    Glad to see you're still finding some time to get out there and shoot. For a minute there, I was starting to get a little worried about you :wink: These shots still prove you still got it Harris. Very nice! Where'd you shoot them, over at Bear Point?

10. Thanks Patrick, the lighting was just right, very low just before dusk.

11. Seems Hutchinson Island has livened up a bit. There were 5 osprey on trees as we drove. Two more in Bear Point, though I missed them as they were far from me. Things are picking up. :biggrin:

12. It's been beautiful weather here. Hope it is clear by you. Thanks

13. Thanks Ben, Chris, Janet and Jim! Getting the flight shots was not so easy due to power lines and stuff getting in the way. I'm pleased by the results, and hope to see more birds as the fall migration continues. I had not been out on the island for late afternoon sun like this, it sure does make it a nice shot.

14. Steve, the weather down here has been overcast for a couple weeks. This was my first chance to go onto Hutchinson Island. These were taken on the stretch or A1A just before Bear Point Sanctuary.

15. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Harris,

All the images are very beautiful.

16. Thanks Gale! Wish we had that sun when we saw those eagles the other day :frown:

Will come back on your day off so you can join us. :smile:

17. Harris, you have done yourself proud with these fine images. Way to go.

18. Thanks Gordon. It was nice to be able to get out and shoot some.