Late but not too late...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by PJohnP, Mar 19, 2005.

1. PJohnP

PJohnP

Feb 5, 2005
    I just realised that I should post a note for any of the Cafe who are in west Texas or plan to be there in the near future. I'll be in Odessa for about two weeks doing some work, and I plan to go down to Big Bend National Park on Easter weekend to shoot. If anyone else will be in the area, drop me a note, and we can try and meet to shoot.

I'll likely be staying in Study Butte (pronounced "Stew-dee Beaut" for those people who haven't been to the area) on the west side of the park, unless a room opens up in the Chisos Basin.

Big Bend National Park is one of the least frequented of the National Parks, but has an incredible landscape, wildlife, and at this time of year, a good possibility for massive wildflowers. If you haven't been there, it's a well-worthwhile trip.

But don't go after April until maybe early October, or you'll cook. It's hot and humid both in that interval.

So while this is a late note, it's perhaps not too late.

Anyone interested ?

John P.

2. Hey John,

If I wasn't "stuck" in Hawaii next week I'd join up with you. Maybe when I get back...

How long are you in our great state?

_/oe

3. PJohnP

PJohnP

Feb 5, 2005
    Joe :

Rough life, "stuck" in Hawaii. I feel your pain. I do. Really. Truly. :roll:

I'll be in TX for about twelve days, back in NM for a couple, then back in TX for another twelve days. As it stands now, I'll run down to Big Bend maybe next Friday and drive back to Odessa on Sunday.

I was last in Big Bend about two years back in April, but I was staying up in Alpine and driving 100 miles each way. This time, I got smart and found some accommodations in Study Butte, which puts me on the west side of the park.

But I'll be back in west TX several more times this year, so if we can't do this soon, maybe we'll do it later.

John P.

4. Sounds good to me John. We can have one of those 200-400VR shoot-outs! I'm back in town April 4th...

_/oe

5. PJohnP

PJohnP

Feb 5, 2005
    Joe :

The weekend of the 8th is a possibility.

We'll see where we can rendezvous between my worksite and where you live. Texas is one big darned state.

John P.