Late Day Whitetails

Discussion in 'Birds' started by mike mac, Oct 23, 2005.

1. I traveled to Valley Forge Park to see how the whitetail deer population is doing....well it is booming. There were deer everywhere. I had to shoot at some higher ISO's to keep the shutter speeds up All shot with the D2X and the 200-400VR with 1.4 tele
    Here are a few 8 pointers
    f7.1 1/60s ISO 400
    [​IMG]
    f5.6 1/125s ISO 400
    [​IMG]
    f 5.6 1/20s ISO 400
    [​IMG]
    Doe getting ready to bed down IS0 800 f5.6 1/25s
    [​IMG]
    Thought this was neat two young bucks fighting
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    WOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOW ....what else to say....

oh yeah.

Gorgeous Images

3. Who the heck would got out to the wild when you can shoot like this :wink:
    thought you were going to tell me this was your back porch :biggrin: Beautiful series Mike........#1 and 2 do it for me, would be a great place to visit when the white stuff is on the go or during the rut in November!

4. Mike I saw your reference to this in Rory's post so I have been looking for them GREAT shots, outstanding detail. The 2 young ones sparring is a treat as well.
    Dave

5. Beatiful shots. The first one is my favorite, outstanding.

louie

6. dbirdsong

dbirdsong Guest

As Gale said.. WOW!! WOW!!!!

7. HarryB

HarryB

Jan 28, 2005
    Viera, Florida
    super

8. bfjr

bfjr Guest

Whoa Mike that 1st one is just Swwweeettt and a Wall hanger for sure !!
    really nice all of them, but hey that 1st wow again!!

9. Great shots Mike! Getting them to look right into the lens makes them special! I may have to take a run over there one day...

10. Gee Mike those shots are superb. Very healthy looking deer. Out here in the west it is deer season so it will be some time before you can get near one. It would be a lot easier to find some one dressed in orange out in the field but deer are making themselves pretty scarce. Really nice images you took.

11. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Excellent series Mike. What is Valley Forge Park? Are these captive, or wild?

12. Thanks Gale and please stay safe through the storm

13. Keith this is out in the wild it is a National park but the deer herd is huge and not very wary of hmans, I will be goign back to get the snowy shots but am not rushign winter quite yet :tongue:

14. Yes
    thanks Dave I sish the sparrign bucks were in better light darn animal sometiems dont want to cooperate

15. Thanks Louie, I agree the first oen is special, and it is is shot handheld at a very low shutter speed

16. Thanks so much for looking I had a blast

17. Thanks so much Harry be safe today looks like it went a little south of you

18. I printed out a qucik 8X10 and since this is a full frame D2X shot thsi might get printed up real large

19. Jim
    It is an awesome place to shoot let me know if you want to hook up for a few hours of shoting

20. Gordon these are in a Natioanl park so dont have to worry about hunters the herd is incredible large with hundreds of deer aroudn on a single day with many many bucks. I wasnt able to locate the 11 and 12 pointers I have seen in years past but I will catch them