Late evening barn

A couple of shots of barns in late evening light...these are not too far away from my house, I got these right after a light rainfall...taken with the D70 and 18-70 f3.5-4.5 lens. Comments welcome. :)

barn127.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

barn135.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

I like the color of number one but the subject of number two is better.
I love shooting in this kind of lighting, when lighting is diffused.
Thanks for sharing.

Thank you all for the comments :)...I just thought the light was very different after the rain, the sun was barely peeking through the clouds, they were both "drive by shots"...hope to visit those places again...

obelix said:
Nice Shots, Vinod.

Ding halos in the first shot :(, blending?

I am getting CS2 - just for HDR :)

Thanks Anand!:) I had to google all those terms and acronyms :shock: ...each of the shots is blended from a single RAW image, I didn't notice the halos until you mentioned it...I'll probably try a different blending method for the first one and see if it makes any difference...HDR sounds like a neat feature to have.

Damn, now that you say it, I see halos in the 2nd photo also :(. See where the roof meets the sky.

Sorry to be a PITA, but this is my current pain point. I spend way too much time blending.

I recently got this book help me with this. http://www.photoshopmasking.com/, recommended by Stinson from dpr.

But I would rather take photos and try to do it automatically rather than muck with masks ;), too little time these days. I should have CS2 next week and I am going to give HDR a whirl.

Will keep you posted.

obelix said:
Damn, now that you say it, I see halos in the 2nd photo also :(. See where the roof meets the sky.

Sorry to be a PITA, but this is my current pain point. I spend way too much time blending.

I recently got this book help me with this. http://www.photoshopmasking.com/, recommended by Stinson from dpr.

But I would rather take photos and try to do it automatically rather than muck with masks ;), too little time these days. I should have CS2 next week and I am going to give HDR a whirl.

Will keep you posted.

Anand, yeah if you really examine the second one, you can see the halo. I spend 20 seconds to blend an image, I think I get fairly good results with it most of the time, I don't like spending too much time on it either. Let me know how the HDR thing works out.

Latest threads

Top Bottom