Late to the party

Hi folks. New member here. I recognize a couple of you from Cameraderie. I just took possession of a mint 1 V2 and 11-27.5 plus a new unused 30-110 in the past few days. I know it's a dead system walking, but I did a lot of reading before committing, especially the writings of Thomas Stirr. I was convinced enough of the system's potential for my own work, to the point that I sold all of my Fuji X-mount gear to finance my purchase. I like the system. A lot. It was easy to set up without ever looking at the manual, and I like the balance and feel of the gear as I use it. I tried a 1 V1 about a year ago, and really didn't care for it. The 1 V2 is like night and day. Here's a few I've taken in the past couple of days with the 1 V2 and 30-110.

DSC_9101.JPG
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

DSC_9102.JPG

DSC_9111.JPG

DSC_9108.JPG

DSC_9127.JPG

Real Name
Dan
I had a 1V1 for a while. Like any camera it has its place and can make fine images. It's a tiny package for sure. Used it a lot for travel. I never did get used to the ergonomics.

My travel kit is a pair of V1s. Recently I got a V3 which I really like. When I was traveling I never found a situation where the Nikon 1 system could not get the shot.

A 1-V2 would have been the mirrorless that I would have gotten.
The V3 without an integrated EVF seemed dumb, to me.
In fact, periodically, I will scan eBay looking for a 1-V2 . . . just because.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom