Latest Autostitch

Discussion in 'General Technical Discussion' started by Beezle, Sep 22, 2005.

1. I happened to notice that they are keeping Autostitch up to date. Seems to be faster and a wee bit better at blending.

Here is a quickie of one of Uncle Frank's old haunts, a lake near where I live.

[​IMG]

Autostitch, by the way, is a fully automatic image stitcher available for Windows. The default is to spit out tiny panos, but you can change that in the settings.

www.autostitch.net

2. Very nice Beezle,

Not knowing anythink about processing Pano's I just wondered about the uneven black area above the image? Would this normally be cropped off?

3. That is the edge of the actual image data.

I never crop that part off as I like to see the relationships between the images. But yeah, most folks crop that off.

Here is a better example of how I tend to use image stitching. Really just to improve resolution. This image has been printed at 48" on the long side. You can see where the individual images are. For whatever reason, I like it.

[​IMG]

4. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    Oooh - I'll bet that tree is very detailed at that resolution!

5. Here is a 100% crop of that image.

[​IMG]

That one was shot with the D70. I have done the same thing using the D2X, but have yet to spend the time processing them. Should make one crazy giant image, though.