Latest C5 Galaxay

PGB

I just love this plane. They come to Huntsville several times a week practice touch and go's. This one had markings from Dover Delaware.

Critiques always welcome.

26064640-O.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

The C5 is a whopper Patrick and you have captured it well. I would emagine that this was on the approach; i.e., throttled back vs. taking off under full throttle. Nice image.

I shouldn't admit this but when I saw your subject title, I was expecting an astrophotography shot. :oops: That's what I get for sneaking a peak at the forum during work...not paying attention.

Anyway, it's a cool shot, Patrick! I work near the airport and directly under the flight path. I'm always tempted to go out and shoot some landing planes.

Patrick Bramlett said:
I just love this plane. They come to Huntsville several times a week practice touch and go's. This one had markings from Dover Delaware.

Critiques always welcome.

26064640-O.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)
Patrick I pass Dover AFB on way to our beach hose and the planes come in right over the road to do there touch and go' sure is a big plane

Patrick Bramlett said:
This one had markings from Dover Delaware.
Patrick I pass Dover AFB on way to our beach hose and the planes come in right over the road to do there touch and go' sure is a big plane

Patrick;

Those things amaze me. I understand the principles of flight, but I still find it hard to believe they can fly. A great shot BTW.

Brian

Great image Patrick,

that is one huge bumble bee. C5A I believe....

They fly out of Patrick Air Force base here.

If I were to stop to photo now, I would be arrested.

PGB

greyflash said:
The C5 is a whopper Patrick and you have captured it well. I would emagine that this was on the approach; i.e., throttled back vs. taking off under full throttle. Nice image.

I was stopped on the side of the interstate as it flew right over for its maneuver. I shot several frames before I had to cover my ears. I estimate before it reached the fence it was about 200-300 feet above me. Its hard to tell its actual altitude.

It really is a wonder it can fly.

PGB

mike mac said:
Patrick Bramlett said:
This one had markings from Dover Delaware.

It is big. I really want to see an AN-225 in flight or on the tarmac parked next to the c5. The An-225 is the big boy.

PGB

bfullmer said:
Patrick;

Those things amaze me. I understand the principles of flight, but I still find it hard to believe they can fly. A great shot BTW.

Brian

Brian,

With full flaps and gear down it looks like they just hang in the air. The only other site that compares to it is the B-52 on takeoff. The wings just flapping away.

Thanks for the comments.

PGB

Gale said:
Great image Patrick,

that is one huge bumble bee. C5A I believe....

They fly out of Patrick Air Force base here.

If I were to stop to photo now, I would be arrested.

Well Gale, you would definately not want to be using the bushhawk around there.

www.bushhawk.com

Thanks for the comments.

Patrick very nice Galaxay picture. You always want to ride on a C5 if it's going to stop someplace nice since they break a lot, you get to spend an extra day or two in a nice spot. :lol:

Hummm Good Idea Patrick,

Could stand on the beach there, Since PAFB is situated at the Ocean.

Wonder if they have the swat team there also.
GRRRRR

My luck it would veer west instead of east.

I had the change once at an airshow to clim the C5 stairs to go to the upper level, You have the space for the pilots and behind you can sit about 60 peoples, just after we climb back down they close the stairs so nobody could go up. That plane was parked on asphalt and when they left that airbase they had to use tractor to pull the airplane from there because of the weigh, it had sunk in the asphalt.

PGB

Gilles said:
I had the change once at an airshow to clim the C5 stairs to go to the upper level, You have the space for the pilots and behind you can sit about 60 peoples, just after we climb back down they close the stairs so nobody could go up. That plane was parked on asphalt and when they left that airbase they had to use tractor to pull the airplane from there because of the weigh, it had sink in the asphalt.

I never thought of that Gilles, but it makes sense. "sorry but my plane sunk" Tell that to airport authority. :)

Patrick the seat for the passengers are not the most comfortable, they look like garden chairs, metal tubing and a kind of canvas and if i remember well there's no wall between the pilots and the passenger.

Patrick,

A very nice capture of that steal bird. I think that the angle of the shot is very good, nice dimension. I have never photographed any planes that close I think it has to be really great and lots of fun doing that. So, what about shooting the departure of a F14-Tomcat on a carrier :D Let those afterburners spit it out !!!

Love the picture a lot !

Kind Regards

Johan

PGB

Johan said:
Patrick,

A very nice capture of that steal bird. I think that the angle of the shot is very good, nice dimension. I have never photographed any planes that close I think it has to be really great and lots of fun doing that. So, what about shooting the departure of a F14-Tomcat on a carrier :D Let those afterburners spit it out !!!

Love the picture a lot !

Kind Regards

Johan

I would love to visit a carrier. I love the Tomcat, too bad its being replaced.

Thanks for the comments.

Latest threads

Top Bottom