Latest Model Shoot D2X (5 shots)

Discussion in 'People' started by vincebeus, Aug 5, 2005.

1. Had a model shoot few days ago with my D2X any comments, remarks or critiques are welcome.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Greetings,
    VinceBeus

2. dbirdsong

dbirdsong Guest

Wow.. Please post more.. :)

3. Thanks for your reply
    i will post tomorrow some more shots.

4. You have some nice shots here Vince. They are warm toned and have lots of personality. Like your model also.

5. JeffKohn

JeffKohn

Apr 21, 2005
    Houston, TX
    Some interesting posing and it looks like you did a good job of using the available light, these shots have a lot of warmth in them.

The first shot, the empty space on the left and the cropped legs on the right make the picture feel out of balance.

Second shot, again there's a bit too much empty space for my liking, maybe if you had angled the camera you could have filled the frame a bit more with the model.

Third one is really good, no complaints here.

Fourth one I like; I know I complained about empty space in the first two shots but here it's more extreme and looks more intentional. Makes for an interesting shot.

Fifth one I suppose you could nitpick about the shadow on her right arm, but who cares....wow. :)

6. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    Whew! What a babe! That must've been a fun session! I rather like the shadow of her nose, mouth and hair on her arm in the last one. Kinda cubist - shows her off from 2 different pov's.

7. MontyDog

MontyDog

Jan 30, 2005
    #1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax;

8. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    Paul's right Dave. I prefer the term creative though. ;)

9. hans

hans

Feb 5, 2005
    The Netherlands
    Vince ?

Great use of natural light,natural pose on the first is my favorite
    Wich beach was this Zeeland,Zuid Holland?

10. Steve S

Steve S

Feb 1, 2005
    SE Florida
    Good stuff, Vince!

How did you ever get them so warm, was it from the actual light being that warm? Like 3 & 5 best, with 5 being my very fave. Gee, I wonder why? :wink: Not sure if I care for the crop on #4. Good job, keep em coming, buddy!

11. MontyDog

MontyDog

Jan 30, 2005
    #1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax;

12. Thanks for your constructive advice. Can i crop the empty space a bit more to make it look better. Or is it better to take notice next time when i shoot this kind of photo's.

Greetings,
    VinceBeus

13. The fun thing is from vlissingen to vrouwenpolder are about 20 or 40 km beaches. So you can walk from beach to beach. If you are known here then you could go to Hotel Westerduin and in fron of you are dunes with beaches behind it so you have nice locations to shoot photo's.

Greetings,
    VinceBeus

14. Re: Good stuff, Vince!

It was very low sun because of the sun almost was sunsetting. And i was looking at the color to. I could maybe need some advice to first set the right WB on that kind of time of day. I heared that some call this the Golden hour time of day. So maybe that is why the color looks so warm.

Thanks for your reply,
    VinceBeus

15. Thanks for all the replies and information given i will try to soon post some more shots from that shooting.

Greetings,
    VinceBeus

16. JeffKohn

JeffKohn

Apr 21, 2005
    Houston, TX
    Certainly cropping after the fact is always an option, especially with the extra resolution of the D2x. It's always good to think about this stuff when shooting of course; although sometimes it's a good idea to not to frame things too tightly in-camera because you might have trouble cropping for certain print sizes if you do (ie 8x10).